Is this normal for some writers? AM I OKAY IN THAT REGARD?!

It’s normal

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know!

1 Like

This is normal!! Happened to me for the first time awhile back too—I killed off a character I really really liked, and I was completely fine during that part, but then I wrote the scenes wherein her love interest starts to process her death and spiral and grieve and all of that, and it definitely made me feel emotional, to the point of tears. This is the first story I’ve really become emotionally invested in, so I’m glad I can empathize so strongly with these characters, because that means readers can, too.

3 Likes

You might need to make a cake for yourself when you finish your manuscript in celebration.

3 Likes

Aw, man, I can’t have sweets, but I can do something else far as celebration.

:blush:

1 Like

With me I didn’t even killed off a character (at least nobody important) and I STILL got emotional as if someone died.

So, what does that mean?

1 Like

Congratulations, you have reached emotional writer level. You’re on your way to becoming even more awesome than you already are :wink:

It’s totally normal. It means you are that invested and such things will show in your story.

I know you’re writing it for yourself, but in scenes like that readers can tell it’s emotional. They will feel it, too.

3 Likes

Probably just that your writing is getting stronger and more emotional??

1 Like

I guess so.
LOL!

1 Like

Rough draft wise, it is for myself, but the truth of the matter is that I plan on showing this story to the world when I get situated financially.

LOL!

1 Like

Thank you all for assuring me that this is totally normal amongst writers.
I am greatly happy for the feedback.

:blush:

You’re fine <3
It sometimes happens when we’re so immersed in our characters :sob:
Examples here:

2 Likes

Thanks.

1 Like

Chapter thirteen was a little emotional for me, but nothing like chapter twelve.

1 Like

Update:

I really hope I write more chapters like that in the coming future.
I like that I am able to be as emotional when my characters are feeling it too.

It shows that I am in tune with my character and I admired that.

Sounds like a job well done. Congratulations.

1 Like

Have you ever done that when you were writing your own stories?

I’m not quite the sentimental type, so no. But I might feel down or slightly sad, or perhaps happy or hopeful, if I’m writing a scene that is supposed to be very moving and emotional

1 Like

Ah, I see.
Thanks for answering.

:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

don’t think i’ve ever teared up but sometimes i get what i call Spiky Hands. idk what’s goin’ on there. ironically makes it harder to write.

but i have heard from other writers here and there about tearing up for emotional scenes. it’s normal, everyone has their things.

you’re good [insert gentle pat-pat here]

2 Likes