Is this weird? Because I find it weird and unlike me!

All I want to do is read. I’m currently going back and forth between four books that I’m reading.

This is very much unlike me. I STRUGGLE with reading books because of my AuDHD and aphantasia. But for some reason, I am doing alright with reading e-books. Because I am doing alright with e-books, I just want to take time away from writing to read. I know, I know writers have to write in order to get better. Yet they also need to read too.

I might be jumping the gun, but it’s so strange for me to feel this way. I am still getting through the four books, but I’m doing it in a way where the old me couldn’t. I still worry a bit that old habits will strike fast, yet I am still trying to be consistent.

I’m not on any writing deadlines or anything. I have all the time in the world. I just want to read as much as I can and see where it takes me.

I haven’t tried e-books because I was afraid of the same turn out as reading a physical copy of the book. But something is starting to click with e-books in a way that reading the physical book has not.

I want to jump for joy over this, just rather not get too excited yet until I am sure I can finish these books. I am retaining things a bit when I read, but I’m mostly analyzing the writing style.

So, writing is going to have to wait for a while until I am fully well read.

What do you think about this change?

5 Likes

@JojoDahlia

@alenatenjo

@LordOfTheRiver

@Churro

@copyedit

@CoffeebyNight

@TheTigerWriter

@NotARussianBot

@Xelyn_Craft

2 Likes

HAVE FUN! Enjoy the wave. It won’t last forever.

2 Likes

I hope it does last.

1 Like

:grin:

1 Like

I’m glad you found a way to read that works better for you :heart:

1 Like

Thank you! :smiling_face:

1 Like

I dont think that’s weird lol

2 Likes

I’m excited for you and hoping this turns out to be a long-term solution! Reading is the closest thing we have to magic (other than writing, of course :wink: ). Your writing isn’t going anywhere, so if you have no deadlines, just relax and enjoy reading for as long as you can!

1 Like