Is TikTok worth it for YA writers?

I wrote to them to ask what on earth I did wrong, but they just stated that they ‘re-reviewd the case and ban remained’. I deleted the account because I felt like I wasn’t welcome.

2 Likes

Okay, they don’t allow links, right?

Also, do you know if you could re-post videos every few days seeding the new ones in?

1 Like

technically the addresses are allowed but they’re not going to be hyperlinks, they’ll just be plain text that someone could copy and paste into a browser. Plus captions and comments have character limits.

you can add a link to your profile but only one link and only if you’re a ‘business account’. It’s easy to set your account as a business account, it basically just stops you from using audio clips that the app recognizes as copyrighted because technically now all your tiktoks count as promotional. Lots of people make a linktree and use that as their single link.

as far as i know, there’s nothing against it as long as you’re not reposting excessively.

but your followers might not like it since they’ll have to watch the same videos over again.

1 Like

the fyp adjusts pretty quickly, especially once you follow some people.

annely_k has a ton of content poking fun at wattpad stereotypes, like ‘Every 2014 Wattpad Story Ever’. i also love her accent, it’s… um, something Baltic i think.

I saw the author of Death Is My BFF on there a few times but can’t remember her name. she uses the wattpad tag some.

i’m on there as well (no duh) as copyedit.writes, i don’t tag wattpad much but all my content is booktok or writertok

and i know at least three other people on this forum have booktoks, but i’ll leave it to them to give those out if they want to.

3 Likes

Gee… seems kind of harsh.

2 Likes

I think this is probably why I was banned

i’m not sure i follow

1 Like

I opened a business account to have a link, but selected a music track from their list

1 Like

oh, no, their lists of tiktok music are copyright-free. if the music you want is copyrighted tiktok simply ~doesn’t allow~ you to film with it or add it to anything ever.

you can click on the sound but tiktok won’t even let you listen to it unless you’re watching someone else’s video.

1 Like

Then it must have been the kiss too hot for TikTok to handle. At any rate, I won’t do business account and won’t quote anything ever again to not get banned.

1 Like

Edit: but I think I need this Linktree…

Linktree is so nice. I use the free version.

So far, I’ve accumulated seven 30 words or less reviews in my file… Gosh, at that rate, I will never get on TikTok. I just can’t generate content!

I think I need at least 30 to have a starting pack I can record at once and circulate somehow. Maybe mix in like 2 of my own books? Or just updates on my progress/random thoughts while writing?

Who is she and where do i find her. :rofl: i too want to find the no-spice part of tiktok. I feel like trying to find good fantasy romance with tension and angst but no spice is like finding needles in haystacks.

2 Likes

:face_in_clouds: tiktok hasn’t shown me Rachael in so long i forgot she existed :sob:

she’s on tiktok as RachaelWatsonAuthor

sarahmmorin is a fantasy author on tiktok as well, i don’t know if she does spice or romance but she doesn’t have any posts about spice at least.

Also C.n.mccabeauthor does ya fantasy with romance and i believe low spice.

and if you’re okay diverting to scifi/apocalytpic then authorchrispcompton is (i think) low/no spice, and makes funny posts while dressed in, uh, decorative suits!

2 Likes

I was like, what is this post?

Oh, it’s mine XD

4 Likes

Those sound good! And yeah, im good with some apocalyptic and post apocalyptic books, as long as they got a little romance. Im open to any genre that has romance in it. I just genrrally gravitate towards fantasy since its my favorite and i write about it. I love magic. The only genre that i dont need romance in is horror. Bevause theyre gonna die anyway, so :rofl:

I do like low spice too. I just dont like when the scenes get explicit, and theres lots of them. Thats when i decide not to buy the book.

2 Likes

i was gonna argue this but then i remembered i killed off all the couples in my last horror. and they weren’t even actually couples, just besties :skull:

oh yeah same, my biggest gripe with adult books is that there’s such a high chance of spice. like pls, ma’am, i picked up this book to read about a quest to fight a dragon, not to read about ripply hard man ab muscles smushing ahem “pillowy mountains” :joy:

i know its adult content for adults and the explicit material is a big part of it for some people. But i would also like to read books with characters who are my age and not sixteen without being subjected to their spicy life.

1 Like

I miss the gold ol’ days when tik tok was an annoyingly overplayed pop song

1 Like

UnimportantComposedKakapo-size_restricted
DON’T STOP MAKE IT ROCK