it’s my birthday…

and i’m not sure why i feel so sad tbh
like i’m 17 now
i’m going to college
my mental health is the best it could be
but idk
i just feel sad and i’m not too sure why…

8 Likes

Hooray, another December baby!
Happy birthday!
:grin:

2 Likes

Happy Birthday! :partying_face:

3 Likes

Blame the Solstice, the longest night of the year

2 Likes

happy birthday!

maybe it’s because you’re transitioning out of a phase in your life? you’re growing up, you’re going to college, things are changing. it’s not a bad thing, but it can feel bittersweet and kind of scary because you can’t go back.

4 Likes

Happy birthday!! :partying_face:

But on another note, I say let yourself be sad. I think we often feel sad on our birthdays because it marks another year over, another year older. Honestly, I cry on my birthdays and New Years, whether or not my mental health is stable or what has happened in my life. To me, I hate getting older because I want to be a kid again. Especially once you’re past eighteen where you’re essentially an adult because after that, it kind of sucks. You have to focus on work, paying bills, being in severe debt, figuring out your future… all the while, never really knowing who you are, what you’re meant to be, and more.

Sometimes, you might feel like you know nothing (because, let’s be honest, everyone does) and you may feel like a failure, or you didn’t try hard enough, or nothing was going the way you thought it would. And then after you reached a certain age, things just go even more downhill and it just never ends. Unless you’re lucky.

Let yourself feel sad, and don’t worry about figuring out why. You don’t always need a reason. :heart:

4 Likes

Happy birthday!

blame the birthday blues. they happen sometimes

3 Likes

everyone tysm for the birthday wishes!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.