It's Almost #PitMad Day! We'll Critique and Retweet Your Pitches ✨

How come I never have anything ready when these things come around? I’ve got a problem.

Good luck to everyone that is ready.

3 Likes

You mean no manuscript ready, or no pitch ready?

1 Like

No manuscript. Everything is still in “lots to be edited” stage. I need to finish something for a change.

4 Likes

I think it’s June 4th? Anyway, I am a bit on the fence because PitMad is so time consuming, but I tried to spruce up the pitches anyway, because I am such a try hard, looool!

If you guys were me, which book would you pitch, if any?

BAYONETTA x Evanovich

The mafia princess marries an ex-FBI agent to crush mutual enemy’s balls. There are other roads leading to Hell, but this is the frigging autobahn. Zoom past Fort Sanity—and love splatters the windshield. #PitMad #A #CR #AD

SWORD of SUMMERxASSASSIN CREED, but with Werewolves

The successful applicant must be:

—a genetic marvel
—unfazed by questionable sci-fi tech
—willing to break an ancient curse

No experience necessary. Howling’s an asset.

#PitMad #YA #SFF

BRIDGET JONES only gothic

She’s got sass, he has abs. Together they don’t fight crime.
After an urban explorer inserts herself into a mafia family struggle, she has to team up with a hitman to escape a decrepit CIA dungeon. #PitMad #A #CR #AD #gothic

MATRIARCHY meets RENAISSANCE

Powerful #matriarchal clan, strong daughters and military glory are solid life goals. But whenever Ismar’s meteoric rise is curtailed, she must look to the pretty faces in her shadow—her husbands—for unexpected solutions. #PitMad #F #A #polyandry

3 Likes

Depending on where you are…for the US, Pitmad starts this Thursday at 8AM. But I’m in Europe, so it starts at 2PM for me.

Why not pitch all of your stories? You can. You just can’t pitch any one of them more than three times.

2 Likes

This one gets me every time :rofl:

1 Like

One of them has to be pinned & I usually have some retweets on it. The rest, when I post them, there is pretty much nothing. I think that posting a lot of stories is not a great strategy, because maximizing retweets on one story is easier.

1 Like

The first two catch my eye the most.
Damn, girl. Now I want to read your book.

2 Likes

I like all of these pitches. My favorite of the pitches is #3, but with 2 coming in a close second.

2 Likes

I was actually reading your first comment, and I feel that I’m going to keep the first one out of this PitMad, because I am getting good feedback on it now, so I can rewrite it better. It will make my life easier too!

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

How do these stack up for PitMad? Any ideas for how I can improve them?

1. Sexy reaper wants to haul her acid-washed soul to the other side? He’ll just have to wait. She’s got murders to solve and a best friend to save. Charley Davidson’s snark + Stephanie Plum’s humor

2. With a reaper threatening to haul her acid-washed soul to the other side, a ghost must enlist help from a medium to solve murders and save her best friend. The problem? The medium hates her and BFF might be guilty of murder. Stephanie Plum + Ghost

3. A crime of fashion. Doomed to an afterlife in 80s clothes, a ghost must solve to two murders before her best friend goes to prison, the killer strikes again, and a reaper hauls her acid-washed soul to the other side. Charley Davidson + Steph Plum

4. Steph Plum + Sookie, except with ghosts, reapers, a reluctant medium, and Tampa’s legendary pirate.

3 Likes

1 confused me. Who’s he? Who’s she?

2 is much clearer but is missing the spunk of 1.

3 is my fave from the list. Just cut “to” from “solve to two”

3 Likes

This sounds like the best beginning to me, but needs a little massaging to flow better. That doomed to afterlife in 80s clothes and world play on crime of passion, is perfect!

2 Likes

While googling away to probe the market (I wanted to know if book agents out there are interested in ghost stories), I’ve stumbled upon this list. Were you aware of the #mswl tag?

Check it out. Agents list out what type of books they’re looking for right now. They even offer up author comps.

I searched for “paranormal” but you can change the tag directly in the url or click on one of the tags.

3 Likes

I won’t have a completed book, but Imma lurk here and help with others’ pitches.

4 Likes

Hi, I’ll give this a try with my two loglines :smiley:

Golden Pear:

When Freya Inuhakka, a burn survivor, receives a pear enchanted to give her either beauty, wisdom, or power, she chooses her own fate by throwing it away.

NinRai - MissAdventures For Two

Two bounty hunters, Kairo and Arubi, are traveling to Waslan City to pick a bounty, exploring a crazy fantasy world full of puns. Wacky adventure alert!

Thank you for your offer :heart:

2 Likes

I like it up till this point, but then what happens? Or Is the whole book about her deliberation and decision?

2 Likes

Like Domi said, what is the story? She throws away an enchanted pear. What now? The story is already over in the logline.

What are the stakes here? Why are they travelling to the city?

4 Likes