It's been a while...

I do remember you, yes. Goodness, I got budsy after September and never made it back here :rofl: I have to make a point of checking in more often.I hope you’ve been well.

1 Like

Thanks! My true crime blog is over on Medium under my writer name Lavinia Thompson (not sure if I can post promo links, I don’t think it’s allowed).

My novel series is about a criminal profiler who specializes in female serial killers. My novella series is unrelated, about a private investigator who undergoes a sudden divorce and a life changing case that sends her down a new path of her career.

2 Likes

New job is going well, thanks. I got super busy (and good ol’ seasonal depression kicked my butt hard) this winter, so I didn’t make it back here but I need to check in more often. I am on Discord mostly these days, I run a public writing server on there now.

1 Like

HI!

1 Like

How are you?

1 Like

I’m glad it’s going well. OOF not the seasonal depression :broken_heart: hope you’re feeling better now. It’s good to see you back here. The discord server sounds fun. I don’t use discord myself.

How are you doing now? Working on any fun writing?

1 Like

Oof, 18 days later?? Jeez. Forgive me, I don’t get on here as often as I used to. I have multiple projects keeping me busy. I started a true crime blog on Medium that takes up a lot of my time, still work full time, and am still working on Beyond Dark and my novella series. Remember the Sex and the City meets mystery series I started? It became a novella series that turned more into Nancy Drew meets a far more mild version of SATC. Truly taken a form of its own. The MC, Martha, is a private investigator, so it allows her to delve into anything from probing into relationship issues to actual crimes. It’s been so much fun to write. how about yourself?

The seasonal depression has lessened with Xmas over now. It was a rough month, and then this month I was knocked down by a bad flu for almost two weeks. Brutal. But I’m better now.

1 Like

It’s fine!! No worries.

Sounds like a lot of fun. What is the true crime blog like? Do you do research into real cases for it? Talk about your favourites? I am so intrigued!!

I DO REMEMBER and I remember loving the idea when you were telling me about it. I love that it’s forming itself. I am glad you have been having fun writing it.

I have been dabbling in fanfiction and writing different types of things. Just experimenting, it makes me happy and is a reminder that I don’t have to put pressure on myself. I kinda didn’t know what to write for a while, and when I did I felt like I needed to make it sound perfect in the first draft. And everything sounded like it was same-y, so taking the break to write within the confines of something that already existed (playing around with characters and dynamics already in place) had been a nice creative outlet without stress.

I have been having ideas for original stories too, but I haven’t started them yet. One was a fantasy with a dragon (in human form) stripped of his wings and set to guard the princess (post-war) and ends up going on a journey watching over her as she starts a revolution to advocate for peace and protect dragonkind. Probably bordering on romance a little too.

The other idea i had was about a kooky family that has the groom-to-be running away on his wedding day. Just a comedy thing that i may work on for fun soon. It would make a silly short story probably. I have some of the characters planned that i’ve been talking to @JohnnyTuturro about.

So glad you are feeling better!! That does sound rough