Let's ask each other questions about our fantasy worlds. (closed)

Well, it’s harder to say that it’s a simulation when you have to code everything with an AI

Well, that would make it potentially synthetic, at least. The simulation is a ton of AI or at least programs for the Matrix.

1 Like

Yeah, but the trees can’t curse your family in the Matrix. Unless I’m remembering the movies wrong.

Mr Anderson…only Agent Elron was a curse. Lmao

1 Like

I’m working on a dystopian story, where the Gods demanded a sacrificial offer from the “Earth”. Humankind could not figure out what, or who the sacrifice was, and for their failure in delivering the sacrifice, the Gods unleashed monsters of punishment on the world. These monsters brought with them famine and pestilence, and in the sickness they spread, infertility followed suit. All children in the world have perished. At the start of the story, the youngest people in the world are 20. Humankind is still searching for the proper sacrifice, in hopes of either 1) stopping the monsters, or 2) stopping the monsters and reversing the damage.

I’m almost completely done with the outline. I just have to figure out how it ends… Usually I have the ending figured out before the beginning. Not this one :sweat_smile: But, progress is progress!

Questions!

What is the project you are currently working on? Are you working on more than one?

At the moment, where are you in the project? What did you just start or finish?

What’s your favorite thing about the project?

I’ve got a bunch more questions after that. Thank you! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

M. Night Shyamalan level shenanigans would be for there never having been a sacrifice in the first place: like the God that was supposed to seed the sacrifice never did, and no one figures it out until it’s too late.

That would be effed up.

Cinderella smut story.
Back burners are a bunch of werewolf things I need to finish.

Would be at the analogue to the prince coming to knock on the door to find her with the shoe, roughly.

That it’s first draft is close to done, and the sex scenes were easier to write than I thought they would be.

3 Likes

What’s going on in your story? :smirk:

In my sci-fi fantasy, I’m currently at a part where my characters have to lay low for a while in a small unknown village as they wait to come up with a plan. On their way to their final destination to battle an army of magical beings, a new ally gave them information about these clones being made (the government is creating) to enhance their army. But… it was a secret facility and therefore, they were trespassing and well… they were found out and had to run. But they couldn’t get back to their flying ship because it had already been found. So, they ran for it.

But now they’re stuck at a village where… they’re basically a cult and a sacrificial ritual will take place. They’re gonna witness some torturous deaths… :flushed:

2 Likes

Is it Wickerman or less insane than that?

1 Like

I’m sorry, all the films about Cults I know are Mandy, The Wicker Man, and Midsommar.

1 Like

Are you talking about the movie I’ve never seen it lol or the giant statue thing that you burn?

Either way, I don’t think so. There will be a bonfire, but the sacrifice is close to what the show Vikings did called a blood eagle… and it’d be with children. :grimacing: :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Movie. Remake and original. Both are very trippy.

1 Like

I haven’t seen those. :sweat_smile: I’ll look them up, though! c:

But the town is cult-like, but they wouldn’t see themselves that way. They’re just an overly religious town… it’s a fake religion, too. :sweat_smile:

Why not go full Aztec at this point?

2 Likes

I might do something like that. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t know about the trepanning…

1 Like

Okay, seems interesting! What’s the government system in your world like?

I’m currently working on an epic fantasy that features a sapphic relationship and an Indian-inspired world.

2 Likes

What are the animals like? India has lots of cool animals.

2 Likes

Ooh… I haven’t really worked on those, mainly because my story takes place in an entirely urban setting, but I might need to do some bird research …

2 Likes

I’ve seen videos of monkeys using the train system in India, too.

1 Like

Oh yes. The monkeys here are WILD. Like, snatch all your food from your hands wild. It’s so common here, we’ve learnt to protect our food from monkeys lol

1 Like