Magitek?

Does your world have a combination of magic and technology coexisting with each other?

Thoughts and feelings?

2 Likes

Bump.

Not yet, but I’m thinking the next thing I’m going to write will be some kind of fantasy series with something like that. I want to write something like Howl’s Moving Castle, only more tech than magic maybe. And no silly shoes. (>‿◠):v:

1 Like

Ooh sounds very interesting.
I want to know more when you get the chance.

:grin:

1 Like

Yes.
Doesn’t it make sense that people would use both?

I dislike the trope where you can’t have both because magic messes things up. If you allow it to coexist, it opens so many doors!

3 Likes

Okay! I haven’t got a plot, a character or a setting yet, but I’m pretty sure I want to have maybe a scientist or a guild of scientists who somehow create the magic, so the magic has a logical explanation behind it, but I haven’t sat down to plan anything at all so far. It’ll come to me, though! (੭ˊᵕˋ)੭‧˚₊・*̥✧

1 Like

:astonished:

I love that!

1 Like

That is the most beautiful comment I’ve ever seen!

1 Like

Magitech and technomagic, but mostly technomagic :+1:

2 Likes

If there are rules, then there are tools. That’s used in my Assassin’s series pretty frequently. For example, the MC is a human being but she’s got a surprise chamber for memory crystals "programmed in her sternum. Its her dad’s fault.

2 Likes

I have sorcerers and what I call Knomes co-existing in one nation, with Magick currently being the oppressive ruling force over the Knome’s Logick. I think it’s pretty fun to put them up against each other. And there’s also a third secret force involved in the power triangle… :grin:

1 Like

A while ago, I had an idea called Black Magic Tech, where the villain (a witch) uses a combination of her powers and available technology (it was set in the 2170s).

1 Like

Bump.

Black Magic Tech sounds like a school name. I wanna read that now.

1 Like