Making your Writing Shine || Professional but Affordable Manuscript Editing & Critiques

My name is Jane Barnaby. I’m a published author, book lover, manuscript critiquer, and a copyeditor with millions of words of experience. Books I have worked on have gone on to become published novels, both traditional and self. Having spent most of my life reading and having dedicated more than half of it to learning the English language, I have the knowledge and expertise necessary to make your story and your writing the best it can be. I will polish your work through copyediting or critiquing and make it truly shine.

I work on Fiverr to ensure both quality and safety for both myself and my clients. There, I am a level 1 seller, and 95% of my reviews are 5-star.

20200922_184219_0000

Press banner to view my gig

As a fellow writer, I know how small mistakes and inconsistencies always slip through the cracks. As an experienced editor with a highly detail-focused vision, I can help you find those mistakes and inconsistencies and fix them, making your manuscript the best it can be.

I will help with finding, fixing, and improving:

• Grammar, spelling, and punctuation
  • Capitalization
  • Tense issues
  • Sentence structure
  • Word choice
  • Plot holes
  • Inconsistencies in the narrative

Because I edit with tracked changes, you can go over each of my edits yourself and personally accept or reject them, ensuring you keep full control over your manuscript.

I work at a rate of $0.0035 per word and 2,500 words per day. This rate is subject to change.

20200922_184237_0000

Press banner to view my gig

Are you looking for a fresh and objective set of eyes to look over your manuscript? Do you need in-depth feedback on your writing to find out what works, what doesn’t, and how to improve it? Look no further.

I am an experienced editor and a fellow writer with a passion for fiction. I want to help you bring out the best in your story and yourself. All my feedback will be constructive, offering potential solutions to any problems I might find. From a writer’s, an editor’s, and a reader’s perspective, I will give feedback on:

• How hooking your first chapter is
  • How engaging your writing is
  • How realistic your dialogue is
  • How confusing your story is (if at all)
  • How well the story flows
  • How readable the story is
  • How realistic the characters are
  • How visual the world is
  • And much more

You will receive a document that’s between 1,000 and 3,000 words of pure feedback. I hope it will help you bring the best out of your manuscript!

I work at a rate of $5 per critique and $5 per 10k words, with 5k words being read per day. This rate is subject to change.

15 Likes

I’m bookmarking you, Jane

1 Like

I’m now imagining you making a custom paper bookmark with my profile picture drawn on it to use in real-life books. That’s… a peculiar mental image.

Thank you for your vote of confidence, though :orange_heart:

5 Likes

Honestly I would make custom bookmarks

3 Likes

Bookmarking this as well.
Though, FYI, custom bookmarks are sm fun to make. <3

4 Likes

I like that this clone allows for more freedom than the original WP community forums for services like these.

I remember you from those forums, and I’ll definitely keep this thread in mind as I finish my latest novel, which I intend to use to step into the world of traditional publishing.

Awesome service, can’t wait to possibly become a client!