Map Update! (Honest Map Critique)

I posted a bit ago about the two maps that I had done and complained about disliking them both. I used an online program to create them. I just made a new one (work in progress) and I want to get your opinion. This one was not made on Inkarnate it was hand drawn and colored in procreate. It’s been pretty difficult haha.

And my previous maps-

3 Likes

I am going for more of a drawn look on the map. I am going to make a small color difference between the states but I’m going to keep it very natural looking. There will also be the names, markers, and more lines for roads and rivers.

3 Likes

Looks amazing! I can’t believe this is hand drawn, the time and effort ho-LY, can’t wait to see the finished product!

3 Likes

This map is really really pretty! I’m so excited to see how the rest turns out!

3 Likes

It’s gorgeous! I take it this country is in the equivalent of the arctic circle? It looks like it’s at the northernmost pole to me.

2 Likes

Thank you!

I hope it looks good with more details.

This is actually the whole of the planet. It’s a very small planet with only one serious land mass!

2 Likes

I believe I’ve finished my hand drawn map! It even has the railroad tracks. What do y’all think? (Weak photo quality I’m sorry)

@Novel_Worm @lowarlo @Akje

3 Likes

Oooh, it looks fabulous! I truly envy your mad drawing skillz. (*^-‘) 乃

Wasn’t able to reply earlier, but this is fantastic!! So pretty and skillful.

1 Like

One suggestion I would make is perhaps using a different font, it makes the map look very pretty, but it’s kind of hard to read especially in smaller text. Otherwise, It’s absolutely fantastic!

Wow, this is really beautiful!

1 Like