"Maybe I'm just built differently...or not really?"

Awesome! When do you start feeling physically drain? Once the three hours are close to done or no?

1 Like

That still sounds pretty good though.
Nothing too crazy.

2 Likes

Some days you get fired up while other days you want to take it easy, correct?

So, break time is either chore or relaxation timeā€¦for how long?

No problem.

Oh, wellā€¦

I spend many days/weeks developing just the main point/s of a chapter or two. Then when I begin to write it all down, probably go at it for around 8-10 hours. Followed by 2-3 hours of re-reading and edits if needed (usually a day or two later)ā€¦

I did three nightshifts (11hour shifts), and managed four chapters during those shifts. Just need to re-read and edit if needed, which should take a few hoursā€¦

SD

3 Likes

Some days I get hyperfocused/hyperfixated, some days I get ADHD kicking my butt.

3 Likes

That makes sense to even me.
I mean the signs are there even if I am not professionally diagnosed.

Strange, huh?

2 Likes

MY GOD, MAN! HOW DO YOU FUNCTION?!
:open_mouth:

1 Like

Depends on the day

1 Like

The only edge I have is my brother is diagnosed. I avoided testing like the plague because spending $200, $300 for something I already know is annoying.

3 Likes

For whatever it takes. :woman_shrugging: Lifeā€™s life. Writing is what I do for myself.

4 Likes

4 hours is my maximum. I can push for 5. Even 6 if I tried.

3 Likes

Wow! Okay, that is impressive to me!
You guys are insane! LOL!

2 Likes

In the zone, I can probably go for like two to three hours. But I definitely need breaks, and sometimes, those breaks turn into ā€œOkay, I donā€™t feel like writing anymore.ā€ :rofl:

3 Likes

LOL!

1 Like

I just did it without much thought to my healthā€¦ I was ā€œon a rollā€ as they say!

With 33 hours of nothing to do, I found that I was writing, and writing, and writingā€¦ It just happened and I was in a flowā€¦

SD

2 Likes