Moon Kingdom (I don't have a title yet for this story)

THE MOON KINGDOM.

The Idea.

Here I am again! This time I’m talking about the story I have been carrying with me for YEARS. YEARS!
It’s about this whole ass planet that is visibly split in two halves, who have been at war for 100 years. Creatures co-exist on both sides. One side is claimed to be all evil and the other claimed to be all good. Yet, creatures who are seemingly evil (vampires) rule the good side for generations. So it’s basically he said, she said situation. But, I have been dealing with this story that won’t leave my head for years.

It’s a high fantasy story with elements of futuristic technology. Yet, there are royal betrayals, intrigue, drama, etc. That could set the whole monarchy back for centuries! (think Middle Ages)
The story revolves around the youngest princess who is cursed but at the same time blessed by the moon.
She’s the only mortal in her family and has a heart condition. Yet, she’s destined to be a Guardian. A being that can “become” any creature in history at will. (think Ben 10 but no time limit, no omnitrix, no aliens)
If they need strength, they use vampire strength. If they need to heal fast, they use that vampire regeneration ability. Etc.

Yet, her uncle wanted the throne. He slaughtered the youngest princess’ family but left her alive because she could escape. She now lives in hiding, under a different identity, inside the Good Side’s temple. Serving her uncle and his wife. Her family has been murdered, yet the staff at the castle is true to her family, not her uncle’s. So her hand maid finds out she’s still alive and feeds her information through occasional visits to the temple.

The Princess.

So the Princess is blessed by the moon but at the same time, she’s cursed. She’s living in a gorgeous castle with a family (her family) of vampires, as the only mortal. Plus, she has a heart condition! Yet, she’s destined to become the planet’s, and in turn her people’s only hope: A Guardian.

I had this idea for a magical school as well. So, maybe the Princess can grow up in the temple and then be sent off to boarding school. Only for people to realize she’s special, and they invite her to become part of the school’s Student Body Elite. A group that sees to the protection and safety of the whole student body. They learn to control their magical abilities and learn hand-to-hand combat as well as spell based combat.
But the Princess needs to find allies to dethrone her uncle and take her rightful place as the heir.

I have no idea why her older brother and/or sister isn’t the heir. But the youngest Princess is.

And, maybe I can use the ideas I’ve had over the years to flesh out this story. Make it into a series. Perhaps as long as the Harry Potter series (7 books) or maybe 5 books. The Princess is 16, but I can make her a year younger, to really have her grow up with the reader.

I don’t know…

My Thoughts.

I’m mainly wondering how to tackle a story that has been with me ever since I was 16. I know I need to change the planet’s name and the name of the split parts. Because honestly, I don’t like it. But the current names I have can work for placeholders. So when writing the first draft, I can use them or when writing up the storyline.

I don’t have an idea for the title yet. Plus, I’m aware that some elements lean close to Sailor Moon, Avatar (ATLA) and other shows I have watched. But, I simply love moon based characters a lot. I really do. Think: Yue, Usagi Tsukino, etc.

I’ll have to do some much-needed planning and plotting. Even renaming the planet and its halves will be challenging. But I’m loving this idea. I really am.

My Question(s).

1. How do I tackle a big project?
  2. How do I make the names interesting but not sound corny?
  3. How do I tackle the world building aspect, what do I really need to establish for the reader regarding world building?
  4. How do I create a believable magical system?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.