✧ MULTIMEDIA HELP & CRITIQUE | share your recent art/graphics here!

heyyy haven’t been in here a while but i need some critique / feedback for a photo manip i’m doing for an astronomy project i have at school

(this is one of my first ever manips so i have no idea what to improve on >.<)

i’m afraid the lighting/shadows looks unrealistic, and i’d really appreciate any feedback anyone has on this to improve! tyyy!

11 Likes

The only thing I can say is that I think the shadow for the girl should be on the opposite side. In your picture the light seems to be coming from the top, yet the shadow is pointed towards the light (the top-left). Maybe if you put it directly behind her then it would be more realistic.

But everything else looks really good. Like, whoa. You sure this is one of your firsts? It looks so professional :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

THIS LOOKS AMAZING- and yeah I agree with @/stella_vigo

7 Likes

omg i knew something was off with the shadows, thank you sm!

5 Likes

This is just amazing

4 Likes

Oh my, this is absolutely stunning! :heart_eyes: Doesn’t seem like a first, that’s for sure xD
just correct the shadow for the girl, as @/stella_vigo mentioned :wink:

Was revamping an old cover but it ended up becoming this so … :sweat_smile: Thoughts?

8 Likes

THAT IS GORGEOUS I-

2 Likes

Thank you! I’m glad you like it! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

What do you think of this lineart?

4 Likes

Really good considering I hate line work (and it’s wobbly)

2 Likes

I kind of love line work.

2 Likes

How is it so smooth… cries

2 Likes

Made my first poster today! It’s also the graphic I made in this genre, though I’ve been wanting to try for a while!

and this is a fan cover (hand lettered!) for @/MandaMae’s book. I don’t know if it’s good enough to show to her yet… (also, please don’t judge the crown. I was lazy on it. might revisit later.)

9 Likes

i just made this cover and i dont like how it looks at all, can someone help me improve on this please :sob:

6 Likes

perhaps center the text and enlarge it?

3 Likes

i’ll try that, thanks ^^
i put the text at the side cause i wanted it to seem like it was on the cloud, im not sure how to explain it but i was trying to make it look 3D smismksmkms

3 Likes

This is so cool! And the lineart is so smoooth!!! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

If this was a movie, I’d definitely watch it based off the poster alone! :wink: And that cover is absolutely gorgeous!

3 Likes

It’s pretty, though I agree with Manya. Centering the text + enlargening it would make it look much better! Maybe you could add a texture or two? Just to make the graphics pop a bit more and add a bit more variety in terms of colour? Just my thoughts though! :sweat_smile: You do you!

3 Likes

Been a while since I made a colouring. This is all cold blues, even though that hadn’t been what I intended originally xD but oh well. :woman_shrugging: Thoughts?
yes, the images don’t coordinate well for the colouring but jeez is it difficult to get images as such :weary: so, I gave up xD

6 Likes