Never look at the final piece for guidance!?

The first draft, the very rough draft is going to look like absolute garbage, even with a bit of a plan.

The overall point of the first draft is to vomit your creativity on the papers. The second drafts and above are to sort through the garbage and large crap to make it understandable.

THERE’S NO HUMAN BEING ON THIS BLUE BIG PLANET THAT CAN MAKE A MASTERPIECE SO EARLY IN THE GAME!!!

Even published authors go through many rough drafts before the final piece is out into the world.

The first draft isn’t meant to be polished, that is what the second and other drafts are for.

So, just relax and take a deep breath in allow yourself to write word vomit. If you do some plotting and planning before the first draft, your draft should be a bit easier, but still you vomiting your creativity onto the page.

Is what I am saying making sense?
Thoughts and feelings?

5 Likes

And it still feels like so many of them put that out as their final piece to the world :joy:

7 Likes

Lol!

3 Likes

All you say is true!

SD

1 Like

Thanks buddy.

Actually, there have been I think less than 10 people who have done this. I read a few articles about it years ago but can’t remember who

But yes NO ONE AN MAKE A MASTERPEICE SO EARLY and those who do are obviously not human like the rest of us

Yes what you’re saying makes sense :joy:

Omg yes. Some of the texts I’ve done with my students are downright HORRIFYING and look like first drafts.

4 Likes

Yes :cry: I am trying not to let mine end up like that.

3 Likes

Ha! :laughing:

1 Like

Makes sense.

And it’s the truth :grin:

1 Like

1 Like