New Book Cover w/ Commission Art Feedback

Happy new year! I haven’t been on here since December. Anyway, I’ve got a new book cover for my WP story, “Without Parole,” (Title may eventually change), and I commissioned this really awesome artist to draw my two main characters. If you’re interested in her art, here is her Twitter:

https://twitter.com/kimmy_art0912

Anyway, I’m struggling to figure out what fonts to use? I hate fonts haha I’m not good at them. Any opinions? I feel like the second one is too “Game of Thrones” font wise? :laughing: For context, this is a mobster rivals (mob bosses) to lovers story, with “shounen” touches.

Please do not use this art anywhere. It was commissioned for my sole use. Thanks.

1 Like

The gold font looks better to me, it doesn’t clash as much and looks classier

1 Like

Thanks. Will probably use that. No one else is commenting lol so gold it is! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

If you still need thoughts…

The golden text and the font do make it seem like a fantasy story.

Since there’s a lot of colors going on for the artwork, either white text or pick a major color and match. Now, here’s some font suggestions for a mobster, possibly urban vibe with romance. Also the brighter color I tried to get it close to the girl’s hair because it stands out on the artwork already. I chose it because it’s the only bright turquoise blue. And there’s a slight outline around the text and that’s the darker green-blue.

I also gave the thing a background that hopefully is similar to the artwork to give you a better idea :wink: Also, I would suggest making the byline and the title the same font and color because the background is already quite busy.

Anyway, those are just my suggestions :blush:

2 Likes

Nice font suggestions. :+1: I tried the blue color just to see, but it stands out way too much from everything else - like a neon light? Maybe that’s a good thing? :laughing: I guess if I ever go back to mess with it, I’ll play around with the colors some more.

2 Likes

Figuring out the right colors and the right font is still a nightmare for me despite doing this cover designing for around 10 years now XD So, all I can say is good luck if you decide to mess with it and have fun :wink:

2 Likes