Night Owl Hotel

Hello! I’ve been all right! Still working on my mystery books and have a true crime blog going. how have you been and how’s writing treating you?

1 Like

My dear friend! I am sorry for being here so randomly. It feels like I have so much to do, so much I want to do, and so little time. I have been okay. How are you??

1 Like

Happy birthday regardless :heart:

1 Like

That;'s fine :smiley:

2 Likes

How’s writing life for you, friend? What wild characters are you spending time with these days? I always enjoy hearing about them.

2 Likes

Good, finished a story :open_mouth:
4k into another one.
You ready for this?

2 Likes

2 Likes

It’s about a dude who quits his job in a coffee shop to become hitman and a dude who likes him who recruits him going on adventures, but the adventures lead to chaos and revenge.

2 Likes

Ohhhh a hitman? I am intrigued! What leads him down this road?

2 Likes

Honestly? Money. He hates working at Java the Hutt, the Star Wars themed coffee shop he got a job in.

2 Likes

Fair enough. Is this a Breaking Bad type of storyline? (American show, idk if you know it or not, but it’s a great one.) Regardless - money is a motive as old as time. Excellent. Does he come to enjoy the work?

2 Likes

I loved Breaking Bad :joy:

I was thinking more Crank (I dunno if you’ve seen it, Jason Statham movie, there was two of them).

Yeah, lol. He does end up enjoying being a hitman. And getting guns. And wearing red shirts to cove rup blood.

3 Likes

Okay so my boyfriend got me into Breaking Bad, I am partway through season 5 (right after the train heist) and WOW. It just keeps getting more wild.

I haven’t seen Crank but I will look it up.

Beauty. Hitmen are a very different breed of killer. Much more cold and calculating than serial killers (job vs impulse). It’s a fascinating psychology.

2 Likes

Yes it does :wink: I might rewatch it.

Very crazy movies.

Yes, especially when the hitman is grumpy and argumentative. And a snarky smartass.

2 Likes

I am going to have to, I feel like I didn’t catch everything the first time around. It’s so detailed, so full circle, so well-written. Great character development. Worthy of a second watch.

I had a hitman character once (a Russian) who was very grouchy yet sassy :rofl: They are the best.

2 Likes

And I need to finish the spin-off Better Call Saul as well. :stuck_out_tongue:

Haha, this one is a nightmare :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Omg Saul :rofl: I cannot WAIT to see his spinoff!!

As a good hitman should be.

2 Likes

Yes :stuck_out_tongue: I think you will like it.

The other dude is kinda weird and kinda simping over hitman in a way.

1 Like

He is just that secondary character who sort of took over :rofl: Reminded me of Thayer in my books.

We love a good simp.

2 Likes

Yes haha. How’s Thayer btw? :wink:

Even if he’s really weird and talks about platypuses and cold brew?

2 Likes