old chicken thread from 2023

Sorry, I read that as Gorilla :stuck_out_tongue:

What are all the different worlds you have? I feel like since the last we talked, you made a bunch more.

1 Like

Ooof, that’s tough :sweat_smile: Hope you’re able to get good breaks in and not burn up.

1 Like

I see. So they’re kinda fuzzy?

1 Like

Indeed they are.

1 Like

Some of them are more straightforward, like:

B29. Too many mermaids have been snatched up by humans. Mermen have now become aggressive towards women adventuring in the sea, which causes the “women are bad luck” superstition.

But I think I was looking at this one:

B17. German culture: Sir Lawrence and his mermaid (water nymph) have a child (which causes her to age). He cheats, she curses him to stop breathing if he ever sleeps again.

2 Likes

I spelled it wrong too. Geez! LOL!
It’s actually Gnorlia instead. :sweat_smile:

At the moment Gnorlia and the reincarnated Alagossia. I say that because I think I would Alagossia for stories that I can actually see myself using in short stories or fanfiction for some reason.

Gnorlia is STRICTLY meant for my original fiction only and nothing else.

So, with my revived Alagossia, I already have a fanfiction story that I am acting as the setting for the story.

So, I got only two fictional worlds and nothing else.

1 Like

1 Like

Going to finish applying for fraternity rushes today, and maybe go for a walk after. In the evening, I need to pack for a trip.
Right now, I’m reading Nomad by James Swallow, and maybe in half an hour I can get in a few episodes of Clone Wars? We’ll see…
Trying to enjoy the summer before it fizzles away.

2 Likes

I’m working on something that’s not a traditional narrative, but I’ve been having writer’s block.

1 Like

Would you like to talk more about it? Like, what’s it about and what are you having trouble with?

1 Like

Here’s my update:

Lunar Heart, Shadow Bound editing going well for now.

Yeah.

And Between Roses is heading on to minor edits and line editing preparation. I’m trying to do what I can on my own though.

2 Likes

I saw a video essay that pissed me off in entirely new ways, I’m going to write a response.

2 Likes

Thanks for the offer.

I’d like to, but I’m worried somebody might steal my idea (then again, if a poll I made is indicative, most people wouldn’t even read it).

1 Like

Right now, I am thinking, but I got nothing at the moment.

I am doing fine.

2 Likes

Update: I figured out how I can make sense of an old version of Red Reign. It’s the one with Jorildyn and it shall be called Project Heir and Knight. I’ve decided to use the format that I went with for The House of Naivin for that story project. I just need take twelve characters who I strongly feel are interesting (Jorildyn is amongst the twelve) and have them share their stories and experiences. Though the last and final two chapters (13 and 14) will have either some or all of the characters in those chapters together.

So, actually, fifteen chapters if I count chapter 0, broken into parts. I think focusing on this first and foremost before starting and tackling Project Merellien is VERY important. I just revamped Jorildyn’s whole story and many of characters, then brought them all together.

That is my update, story project wise.
@TheTigerWriter

2 Likes

Right at this very moment, I should be working on historical content stuff (for my job)… but uh… procrastination and not having the scrutiny eye of my supervisor around (he’s at lunch) is the reason why I’m here. xD

On book related content… it’s going. I revised the first 500 or so words of my sci-fi fantasy and changed mostly all of it to flow better. It’s actually at a point now where I’m satisfied with it when I start the querying phase. I also was able to get rid of some filler words—I believe one was “just” (which surprisingly, there’s not much on) and the other being “that.” I deleted about 50 or so “just’s” in a 128 “just” search. And I deleted over 100 from 200-something “that” search.

I also started writing a short story for Wattpad since it’s been years since I’ve had any new stuff on there. I have a “first chapter” out already.

In other writing related content… I found out my romance story on Wattpad just got to 50,000 reads, so that’s an awesome feeling. I’m caught up on my blog and I revised some of the home screen which makes me feel relieved because it was bothering me for quite some time.

2 Likes

I hope to FINALLY finish Fairy, my ONC 2022 work. I only need two chapters.

Since there’s no mention of ONC 2024 yet, I’ll take advantage of the situo to focus on my existing works.

Here are some stories I’d like to finish in 2024:

✓ Book of Hidden Truths and Unfold Secrets (one shot collection)
✓ Marry Me Not
✓ Trust
✓ Delivering Your Heart

And Fairy, of course.

I hope to be finally able to deliver. I procrastinate way too much, which affects my productivity

1 Like

If you’d like to brainstorm just with me, my DMs are open :blush:

Also, I don’t think you need to worry about someone stealing your idea. No one can write the story idea in the way you can. Your writing is totally original and unique because YOU wrote it. That being said, I understand if you’re afraid or worried about sharing it and would rather not talk about it.

1 Like

Care to share what Fairy is about? I’m interested :grin:

Hi, let’s say you should read it to grasp the feeling! It’s the second book of a series, but it can be read as a stand-alone. I’m just one chapter away from completing it!

1 Like