old world blues || graphics shop || fakes please!||

I’ve updated the cover post w/ the banner - I’unno what I did to the text layer on the cover but I can’t seem to replicate it on the banner, I hope it’s alright tho?

open again (apologies for any delays in responses) :blush:

1 Like

hello, id love to place an order if you have the time! this is for a wip of mine on wattpad.

title: Couldn’t Be Deader
author: ebs

description: it’s a creepy, modern paranormal thriller that handles some heavy topics with dark humor. the central idea is that the main character gains the ability to see ghosts after a near-death experience, then begins to notice a pattern with what kinds of ghosts she sees, pointing to the existence of a serial killer. main character is a sort of underachieving, down-on-her-luck type who just dropped out of college and is trying to turn her life around. she begins the story in a somewhat tense and unsupportive relationship but throughout the story strengthens her friendships and grows into her own. deuteragonist is her ghost roommate trying to uncover the circumstances of his death. they have lots of quippy back-and-forth and an eventual will-they-wont-they sort of romance.

requests: for color scheme, i prefer black and white with stark contrast, maybe with a splash of light purple but im fine with pure black/white. i don’t use face claims and would prefer no human figures on the cover. vectors and silhouettes are okay, but not necessary. creepy imagery with ghostly hands is my main idea, but feel free to use something else if it suits you better. i use a few linebreaks and end-of-chapter graphics that have a sort of unsettling, gothic style like:

mostly inspired by simple book covers like

1 Like

Hi!! Sorry this is so late. I’ll give this a go - work is kind of hectic but I should have it done by possibly Sunday?

1 Like

take your time!

1 Like

Hi! Sorry this took so long. If this isn’t quite what you’re after, lemme know and I’ll mess with it a little. It’s not as vector-y as your inspo pictures, i thought this looked…creepier? Lemme know if u want it more vector-y and I’ll give it a shot!

open in new tab for full res!

2 Likes

no i like this! thank you! do you have a preferred username or pen name i should use to credit you on wattpad?

1 Like

just my username is fine, kacchan-

glad u like it:)

im back!!

bumpage

1 Like

Welcome back! :heart:

I might have a request for ya in a bit :smiley:

1 Like

bumpage

Heya! You still taking requests?

sorry for the late reply! yes, i am, though there may be delays 'cause im doing training for the next few weeks :slight_smile:

pls request fakes :pleading_face:

book jackets and vector graphic would b ace

bump

I will give you something. How is this?

Okay, make a book graphic for… a story called EVERYBODY GO TO THE DISCOTECH!

Author: Paige Turner

Theme: Light, fun.

Color Scheme: Gold, purple, red and black.

Vector graphics to make: Middle-aged Puerto Rican man, wearing a snapback who looks trendy for his age.

Other ideas: PArty-based background. Nightclub?

Sorry if this is too vague but I hope it inspires you :joy:

1 Like

Okies, finally ready lol

I have 3 book fakes of course , so hope that’s okay. And I went by the forms on here so…

Title: Makeover Fail

Author: Melissa Heagerty

Genre: Romance, Teenage drama, m/m

Description: (basically a reverse mean girl guy edition)
In a world that thrives on popularity and conformity, Carter McGillicuddy has always been the odd one out. Bullied and belittled, he’s tired of being the target of humiliation. But when his best friend, Sawyer Reinhart, unveils a jaw-dropping makeover that could make heads turn, Carter grabs the chance to rewrite his story.Tired of being target of ridicule and humiliation, he embarks on a daring journey to transform his life by venturing into the treacherous realm of dating.

Supported by his loyal best friend, Sawyer Reinhart, Carter undergoes a jawropping makeover that will leave everyone gasping in awe. No longer will he be the meek and invisible boy in the hallways; he’s ready to rock the school with his newfound confidence. With his newfound confidence, Carter sets his sights on the students who once made his life a living hell. Determined to make them pay, he hatches a senior prank that will leave everyone in awe. But the makeover is just the beginning, as Carter’s life takes an unexpected turn.

Cast inspiration:

Ideas: not too sure on ideas…

I’m fine if you wanna do the burn book :stuck_out_tongue: just kidding

But I was hoping to do a split personality of a half nerd/ half cool guy

there is suppose to be a election between Sawyer’s dad & Levi’s mom. … but Levi & Carter are the ones dating though lol

Otherwise i’ll leave it up to you

Colors/Moods: purple, yellow/ white
—---------------------------------------------------------
Title: Backlash vol 2: The Unsuite life of a rockstar

Genre: Romance, fake dating,

Description:
After his final tour ended, Clancy was looking forward to finally staying out of the spotlight, and getting back to a normal routine, only one little hiccup.

When he wanted to lie low at a local hotel, he wasn’t expecting to be bumping into podcaster Esme DuBois. She was engaged to hotel manager Desmond Everett. She was actually looking for a replacement for herself since she was moving out of the penthouse she was sharing with maid Jordan mcGillicuddy. Esme had a idea to give Clancy a test run to see if he would like staying there.

Cast inspiration: i’m fine with silhouettes if thats better for ya

Ideas: Maybe a hollywood poster// billboard type thing? Or magazine cover
One of them is podcaster as well

Colors/Moods: gold// yellow, silver/ pink
—-------------------------------------------------------

Title: Backlash Vol 1: Reflection Blues

Genre: Romance

Description:
Embark on a thrilling journey with Kendall Knight as he ignites the stage and pursues his wildest dreams alongside his favorite band. After an unexpected opportunity lands in his lap, Kendall enters a realm of stardom, where his dormant passion for art is finally given a chance to shine. But little does he know, the whirlwind that awaits him will test his heart like never before.

Enter Blair Everett, a captivating heiress celebrated amongst the elite once shared an unforgettable bond with Kendall during their boarding school days. Once their relationship took an abrupt detour following a heated disagreement during graduation. Fate, however, has chosen to intertwine their destinies once more.,. Now, destiny reunites them, reigniting the lingering question: Could the flames of their past love still burn brightly??

Amidst the chaos, Kendall’s unwavering confidante, Tori Royce, stands by his side as his best friend and roommate. Juggling the role of a doting aunt to her beloved nephew, Tori relentlessly sacrifices her own desires, determined to preserve their cherished friendship—until the boundaries between friendship and something more begin to blur.

Cast inspiration: n/a

Ideas: for this one… i’m honestly blanking on ideas for some reason lol

But one of them is a hairdresser
Maybe a coupon ad or a music book with song lyrics or something

Other wise I’ll let you do this one lol

Colors/Moods: blue/ purple/

1 Like

hello am not dead, requests please

(fakes still accepted! I wanna start doing freelancing properly and need examples, so if you could come up with author names - even bogus ones - that would be grand)

1 Like

Here’s a fake!

Title: Modern Wonderland

Author: Mildred Lockhart

Themes: Lighthearted, wondrous, mysterious, dream-like

Color Scheme: Pastel colors (pink, green, blue,etc.), gold, dark gray

Cover ideas: A dark background with a golden portal leading to a pastel-colored city, or whichever ideas come up related to a girl stepping into a light, fantastical yet modern world

1 Like

possibly a little moodier than you wanted, oopsie

open in new tab for full size

1 Like