Oooo I’m loving the colors! Well done :partying_face:

1 Like

bumpage

boop

bumpage

i am alive once more

bump

you live!

do you do icons by any chance? I feel sketchy using picrew icons on my “business” accounts but I can’t art worth a damn.

I can do like, photo manipulation and text/logo based, but my own icon is a picrew creation. I cannae draw to save my life

2 Likes

Hi :blush: I’m wondering if you’re up for an unusual fake/practice/challenge?

I have this cover that I like the color scheme of, but I can’t for the life of me figure out how to make it non-typography without the character fading into the background because he wears a black suit, so I opted to change the color scheme for the new version I’m doing.

I’m wondering if you’d like to challenge making my new version but with the original color scheme?

This is the original cover and the color scheme I like. It’s supposed to represent the colors of night leading to dawn. I think I might need some dark blue in there.

This is the current concept for the new version and updated title, but I’m not liking the hands or how much red is on the cover. I’m thinking of changing it to demon hands with claws reaching out, or black smoke, or black smoke with blood dripping.

The “logo” up top is a ram skull. The letters “TPL ONE” should somehow be incorporated on it but be readable.

It’s a story with demons and the guy has a handlebar mustache and always wears a suit and that top hat. He’s an assassin. It’s quite a dark story set in an 1850s USA-inspired fictional country.

If you’d be willing to try, I wouldn’t mind doing something in exchange like reading a chapter or something. I don’t intend on using the cover you make, but I do intend on using it for inspiration as I’m currently trying to draw it. Yeah, drawing…when I rarely draw humans :sweat_smile:

What do you think? If you can’t, it’s okay. I understand :blush:

totally fair, i saw your picrew icon and figured it was a long shot

Hi - have you got any like, ideas in terms of style? do you want like, vectors? or photos/realism?

1 Like

Photos and realism.

Inspirations:

1 Like

Hey! I don’t know if the hands are a little too subtle, but here’s my attempt; one is more blue and the other one has a little bit of purple in - lemme know if you want me to change anything!

open in new tab for full size

1 Like

That looks so cool!! I love the gradient title. And I have been inspired! :grin: Thank you so much!

Although I will say it is quite dark. Do you think you could lighten it up a bit more around the character? Also, the author name on one line, not two.

1 Like

Hey - here’s a slightly brighter version w/updated author name placement :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ooooh :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: So, I see…so you matched the glow behind the character with the gradient of the text? That looks really nice!

Hmm, it’s giving me ideas…

Btw, feel free to use this as a premade (if anyone wants it you’d have to change all the text). Thank you so much for taking on the challenge and you definitely inspired me on what I can do for my illustrated cover :blush:

What would you like me to do in return?

1 Like

Yeah, that’s exactly what I did!

Don’t worry about doing anything as payment. I do this for funsies.:smiling_face:

1 Like

It’s a wonderful idea :blush:

Alright, well, thanks for the cover inspiration :wink:

1 Like

boop

bump

buuuuump