#ONC2023

I understand you! The most important thing is that you have fun!

That’s the spirit :tada:

Join the club :clinking_glasses:

I remember the fiasco, but they quickly fixed it if I remember well enough

Three stories sounds stressful :scream:

2 Likes

That’s quite a point.

Sounds like a nice goal!

1 Like

The hype is always big :eyes::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

That’s what I did last time :joy:

1 Like

Good luck!

Hopefully it gives you inspiration

That’s the most fun … the community :heart: hope you’ll get the internship!

2 Likes

I’m torn. I sort of do and sort of don’t want to join this year. I skipped last year and felt kind of sad about that. I was missing out. As much as I don’t need more projects, projects that were born out of ONC have been pretty cool.

1 Like

Thank you. I didn’t :frowning: I’m pretty bummed, but maybe that means I can do some more writing this semester

1 Like

Super excited for it this year! I’m hoping the prompts are good!

3 Likes

Hmmm… Vampires. If there’s a good vampire prompt, I might go for it. I’m in the mood for some vamps.

2 Likes

ONC always comes around the worst timing for me, so I never participate. I also never do well when given prompts for a contest. Idk, I guess, the pressure gets to me and I do an extremely mediocre job. None of the stories I’ve written for contests I’m proud of :sweat_smile:

I might use the prompts and not do ONC.

5 Likes

I already have a story in mind. Just waiting for the prompts so I can crowbar one to fit my story, not the other way around. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

This is my plan as well! There are like a 100 prompts, surely one can be made to fit, right? :joy: (I did do this last year, although I do think perhaps the first chapter reads a bit convoluted because of forcing the prompt in there but in the end it was shortlisted, so I guess it worked?)

5 Likes

I feel you. I didn’t join last year either but I’d like to join again this year because I like how it brings the community together.

3 Likes

I’m sorry to hear this! But I bet great things will come your way :relaxed:

2 Likes

Same :heart:

Vampires :woman_vampire: I’m quite in the mood to write about Vampires too :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

I like the challenge starting from scratch! But I understand you’d like to build on your idea

3 Likes

I kinda would prefer to write a real life, non magical/speculative story, but I also have so many ideas that are fantasy, sci-fi, paranormal etc… Gonna let the prompts decide, I suppose!

2 Likes

I’ve done that the past couple of years, waiting to see if any of the prompts stirs something. I just fancy a change this year … plus it’d get this stupid, shouty idea out of my head. At last. :joy:

2 Likes

Unless there was a prompt in there in which I could use this one character that I’ve come up with years ago and still don’t have a story for. I tried to use him in ONC 2021 but that story evolved so much that he no longer resembled himself and so I changed his name and just resorted to letting him be a separate character (I used a side character’s name, lol).

3 Likes

Why not? Honestly, I don’t think it’s even such a bad thing to try a different story on the same character with the same name. I know that I have the same character in an abandoned historic mystery and in a fantasy story that I completed. ONC is all about experimenting.

3 Likes