Open World

“Hmm…maybe he accidentally opened it somewhere else?” Greta wonders.

Greta glances at the panda.

“Where did you come from?” she asks aloud.

2 Likes

The panda stops rolling and looks up at them both. Out of nowhere, a tanned, lanky guy with a buzzcut appears. He’s in his early twenties. “Ayo! You caught Petey? Thanks!”

2 Likes

Tagif stares him up and down. “What’re you doing out here with a panda?”

2 Likes

“Long story.” He says. “But it’s for an experiment, but he didn’t like my apartment and I gave him pizza and bamboo shoots and everything.”

2 Likes

“Does he like being pet?” Greta asks.

1 Like

“Yes, he should. But approach carefully and I’m Julio, by the way.” Julio offers out his hand to Greta.

1 Like

Greta introduces herself and holds out her own hand to shake.

“We’re trying to find a portal that I came through,” she says.

1 Like

Julio shakes her hand and nods. “Ayo great! I love portals they’re so fun! I saw one once, and this grumpy vampire came outta it, his name was Pissy or Poopy or something, then it closed up! Have you walked far?”

1 Like

Tagif sniffs. "Could’ve been, yeah… should we start looking?

2 Likes

Petey hears the word ‘portal’ and starts looking and sniffing for one too.

Julio smiles. “This is one of his talents. Portal sniffing.”

1 Like

“Yes. Our portals are kinda strange, like there’s green ones, orange ones…the one I came through was dark blue and had purple mixed in,” Greta says.

2 Likes

Julio pauses for a moment. “Is that a sea portal? Dark blue. Purple. Sounds like water and waves.”

1 Like

“I’ve never heard of sea portals,” Greta says. “Our portals are affected by certain things though, like if the first time they open is in the morning they tend to be lighter, even if they close and open again at night. Our magic is weird, honestly.”

1 Like

“Oh, you’re outta this world, literally.” Julio says. “That’s interesting, the magic deepness.”

Petey squeaks loudly. He found a new portal opening.

2 Likes

Tagif: “Strange indeed. My brother’s portals are invisible, and mine are black some, so…” she shrugs.

2 Likes

“Invisible portals sound interesting,” Greta says.

Greta heads in Petey’s direction.

3 Likes

Tagif follows, keeping an eye out for any portal.

1 Like

A portal is opening and Petey’s getting really excited.

2 Likes

“Hey, good job!” Greta says as she reaches the portal.

1 Like

Julio pets Petey and gives him some snacks. He is happy. “See? Petey’s a good boy.”

1 Like