PC users, if money was not an issue, would you rather?! [POLLS]

That’s similar to the one I got only mine has touchscreen and Windows 11 upgrade.

1 Like

Yup, mine’s old and obsolete but it serves my needs. To me it’s awesome! ¯\_(ﭢ)_/¯

1 Like

I don’t have the patience.
Never mind the lack of money. LOL!

Not really.
It would have been old and obsolete if it was a Windows 8 or something.

:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Budget size is proportional / linked to required builder patience size…

1 Like

got a free 2010 dell Xeon in 2020 off of Craigslist and flipped it for less than $300. Best gaming computer I’ve ever had. Computers are a very addicting hobby

2 Likes

Wow, that’s impressive!

My husband builds computers; just something he used to do in his spare time when we met. So he’d probably choose to buy it all and assemble it himself as it can work out cheaper. He knows what he’s looking at anyway.

If it were me, I’d just buy the best thing already assembled. I’m lazy and hate opening electronics :rofl:

I’d also only have a desktop for gaming. I’d buy a curved screen for gaming. We used to have one and it was just so amazing. I’d also have a gaming keyboard with RGB lighting. When we had a gaming desktop, I played Far Cry 5 on it; the RGB lighting on the keyboard and PC was epic. Not good for writing though with that set up. Thats what I have my MacBook for. Much better for me OS with writing.

1 Like

If money wasn’t an issue, I’d buy all the pieces and assemble them. Have a lot of techy programmer friends who would be of great assistance. On top of that, custom built PCs are 100% top tier as you pick and assemble all the parts.

1 Like

I don’t know. :rofl: I’m more of a laptop person, but if I had the ability or want for an actual PC (tower and monitor), realistically speaking, I’d just buy the PC tower already assembled because I’m an idiot who doesn’t understand how technology works. However, unrealistically speaking, I’d buy the parts and assemble it myself because I secretly want to be a nerdy genius.

Also, I aspire to be Martina. :arrow_down:

2 Likes

I see you like NerdForge, you’re a woman of culture…

2 Likes

When I found them on YouTube, I binge-watched their content. :rofl: Martina is such an amazing artist and she has such an amazing personality/energy. Love it!

1 Like

I totally agree! I love the chaotic and amazing vibes Martina brings!

1 Like

If I ever had lots of money for a system, and decided to have the computer built by someone else, I’d either go with Declassified Systems or Singularity Computers.

Declassified Systems does interesting work with basic tools and case modifications (and zero regard for OHS), acrylic panels and colour selection, and I like how his family are often the real stars of his videos.

Singularity Computers has insane attention to detail, focus on performance and aesthetics. One problem is upgrading the system would be difficult because there is no excess space or cable length.

If possible I’d stay with an air-cooled custom PC, not a water-cooled one. Easier to clean and maintain.

2 Likes