Pirates and Aliens

Who here likes aliens, pirates, or ghosts?

3 Likes

Which one do you like more?

• Pirates
  • Aliens
  • Ghosts

0 voters

…sure.

But now my brain is going:

Alien Ghost Pirates.

4 Likes

Of course it is, I expect nothing less from you :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I see what you did there, in the topic title you conveniently left out Ghosts.

4 Likes

:joy: !

2 Likes

Pirates are interesting but so are aliens and ghosts. :flushed:

2 Likes

I’m most interested in ghosts, followed by aliens, followed by pirates XD

3 Likes

It’s always ghosts :smiley: :flushed:

2 Likes

I think it’s because “look the nicest” to me XD I mean when I picture pirates, I tend to picture a bunch of guys with unruly hair, teeth falling out, and poor hygiene in general. As for aliens? It depends on the alien, but they’re not always the most appealing. Ghosts largely look human-looking in my head and since they’re not made of matter exactly, you can’t exactly dirty them the same way a human can get filthy XD

2 Likes

I imagine them as humans on earth, but they have another form in space. I imagine them as being chameleon-like

That’s more because of scurvy, long boat trips and not always having the resources back in the older days. Nowadays, they are usually kinda clean.

I have a bunch of ghosts, and one of them is not what you expect.

2 Likes

I’m hoping you’re asking because you’re going to combine them? :stuck_out_tongue:

I was just thinking today, it would be so cool to have pirates but space opera. Take Jack Sparrow and throw him onto a ship of the stars. No modern gear. They don’t need oxygen. They could even be aliens, why not? Alien Jack Sparrow and the Black Pearl sailing the Seven Galaxies.

4 Likes

In a comedy, any or all of them could be hilarious. But if it’s supposed to be a serious book? It would depend on the execution and the internal conflict. What does the ghost want? What does the pirate want? What does the alien want? When the answer’s something interesting and different, it can be amazing. But when it’s something predictable and boring, like a pirate wanting sunken treasure, then it’s dull. ¯\_(ﭢ)_/¯

3 Likes

Maybe the ghosts and the pirates.

Nope not like that lol. :stuck_out_tongue: But interesting idea.

When has anything from the churroverse ever been too serious or cliche. And why would my pirate be looking for sunken treasure when he could be opening up a whole new world? Literally. And my ghosts are all nuts. They’re all characters and so is my boy, Julio. And the aliens are terrors. Seductive terrors. Hard to resist. They just wanna go home though. Mostly, lol.

4 Likes