<span> is used for containing things
Oh ok

but where???

Procrastination: I can help you 100%.
Coding: I’m a lost cause.

2 Likes

same here

1 Like

Meh, I usually put it at the very end because I remember it last minute but I have yet to try the beginning. The middle should be fine too

1 Like

oh okay

As long as you have a fixed width and height, you can put the overflow:scroll; anywhere

1 Like

Okay, I’m going to step in now.

@NightStar As of this moment, how much coding knowledge do you have?

1 Like

Out of ten?

3/10

Do you know what CSS is?

1 Like

yes

Do you know how to write inline CSS in a span?

1 Like

a little but I mostly know html and a bit of JS

Yessss, welcome! I have been keeping myself busy by playing around for hours lol
Oh, okey. I guess just…lurk or chat then.

sighs in relief thanks. Explaining from the basics and up is not my forte plus…I always assume people coming here know as much as me which is not a lot yet lol. Have fun teaching. :eyes:

3 Likes

Okay, so I recommend you dig deeper into inline CSS and how to use it with spans.

Once you do that, you should have the foundation needed to make code scroll.

Ah, no problem. It’s always good to check how much people know before diving into explanations. I’m not really here for a full-on lesson, just redirecting to other resources for now. I still need to write up unit 7 since it covers material I didn’t cover the last time I taught the course.

1 Like

but how do I do that? :thinking:

If only there was a thread where someone writes assignments and posts them for all to see.

cough

https://forum.wackywriters.com/t/coding-101/1172/6

1 Like

:joy:
lmao im heading there

Just as a reminder: Feel free to post it in The Coding Playground (no talking to others allowed there) or The Coder’s Society (talking to others allowed here) if you do the assignments.

Anyways, sorry for derailing, Val. I think that covers everything I wanted to say.

3 Likes

Oh, no, you didn’t derail (imo) and I was just there but didn’t have the brain to direct to the thread lol.
Thank you for the help. Might have to add links to different threads like the resources and coding 101, some sites…But it can’t go in the first post since not many look at it…we shall see

2 Likes