Project Progression! How far along are you progressing with your creative projects, stories or not?

I am sorry for that. I keep pestering you to try my threads, when you’re focusing on school related stuff. Geez, I need to leave you alone until you come back and decide to chat and hang out!

Good luck with your studies and take care!

Nah, it’s alright. It’s still nice to know my opinions are wanted, even if I don’t always have the time and energy to give them. Makes me feel appreciated. But it’s all good. I’m trying to be a bit more active here now. Gotta get used to juggling school and life.

1 Like

Soon, you shall be a multitasking Master!

1 Like

I AM BACK, COOL PEEPS!!!

My story is going well. I am on part 4 of chapter 1 for Project Heiress Knight (still working on the title), I mean I have to start said part 4.

Things are going smoothly, but I just need to jot things down before I make some bad mistake even for the first draft.

Characters and locations are going to reappear again, but I can’t seem to jot that down because when I get in the zone, NOTHING else matters until the moment I am done.

What about all of you?

1 Like

How are we already a month into the new year? :upside_down_face:

Well, there’s the obvious one I talk about a bit too often. xD My YA sci-fi fantasy, the Sorceress. I’m on the fifth draft, which right now is more like combing through it to look for smaller details to improve or change or delete instead of reading it. I want to use the fifth and sixth draft as this “comb-through” version before I start looking for new beta readers and critique partners.

So far, I’ve deleted two major filter words and change the beginning, which doesn’t sound like a lot for a revision (yet), but it’s actually helped so much. xD

And then I just created a new (short) story for Wattpad because I haven’t been on the website in a while. It’s a YA contemporary romance titled All of Me. It’s LGBT+. The story is told in first person perspective with the main character being Sebastian Taylor. He’s seventeen years old, attending a prestigious boarding school, and is about to graduate. He’s fallen in love with a fellow classmate, Theo Adams. The conflict here is that Sebastian is out of the closet, but Theo isn’t. They’ve been secretly going out for a while, until Sebastian accidentally makes it clear to their friends and fellow students that Theo is gay, which Theo didn’t want. Because of this, Theo is heartbroken at the distrust, and the story is centered around Sebastian trying to make things right. But Theo plans to run his family’s business after graduation, which means he’ll be moving away… and Sebastian isn’t ready for their relationship to be destroyed when he does move. So he has six weeks (their graduation day) to fix their relationship. Or try to.

I only have the first chapter (or prologue? I’m naming them off weeks lol) out so I’m not sure about the outcome (though, it’s a romance, so… that’ll tell you the actual ending lol) or how the finale would be. I actually didn’t plan on the story being written or posted or outline it at all. It was a spur of the moment. All thanks to the show Hannibal. :rofl:

I… got the inspiration from the show because of Hannibal’s and Will Graham’s relationship. Haha. I’m still watching it, on season three, but you can definitely tell there’s a weird unspoken romance between them. And it doesn’t help that TikTok now gives me a bunch of Will and Hannibal thirst trap edits, like I’ll be scrolling and find people making a video dedicated to shipping them. :sweat_smile: But minus the murder and cannibalism, Hannibal’s style as a character (like how classy he is) made me want to write about two guys with class falling in love. Interesting how inspiration works, huh?

I’m currently reading Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas. It’s a YA-NA fantasy. I’m a bit disappointed in myself that I haven’t picked it up much since finishing my previous read, which was like two weeks ago. xD I just haven’t felt up for reading lately, especially now that I have a bunch of writing assignments I’m forcing myself to randomly do lol.

But I plan on reading 25 books for the year, which is five books more than I planned last year even though I only read 17 books in 2023. I’m currently two books ahead, though, because I have read three books thus far in 2024. These are:

The Gilded Ones by Namina Forna, a YA fantasy. 4/5 stars.
The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab, a YA fantasy. 3/5 stars.
The Brothers Hawthorne by Jennifer Lynn Barnes. 4/5 stars.

Tons. :rofl: I’m not in my room (where my bookshelf is) at the moment, so I can’t think of any titles off the top of my head. But there’s dozens. Haha

There’s quite a few in my collection I’m not really keen on picking up any time soon. The few I can think of are ones I got for free (someone donated them to the library, and we have first dibs, so I took them home with me). These include the Amityville Horror and Hannibal. I’m interested in reading them sometime, but I have other books that are a priority. :sweat_smile:

Again, lots. :rofl: I actually want to start reading more self-published authors this year. I recently bought Minute Taker by Murielle Gingras, who I’ve known from Wattpad. I’m excited to read it!

Yes!

While I love fantasy, I am trying to read more of it so I can use it as a learning curve for my own fantasy novel. I am also trying to diversify my collection for both personal and learning reasons, so another thing I want to do more of in 2024 is getting into reading more books from BIPOC authors. I not only love finding new authors and perspectives to read from, but I also love the amount of learning and research I get from reading these books. Especially when I’m writing about various characters with different backgrounds. :heart:

2 Likes

Be honest, did I overdo it with those large number of questions?
I swear I am not an evil sadist!

LOL! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Heyyo! I’m starting (finally starting) on a project I’d wanted to touch since I got a premonition of writing it 2 years ago. It’s a historical fiction, and I’m back to writing after a really long break too so I’m quite nervous about writing it. (The extensive research I have to go through with it)

Finally writing a proper story is making me want to connect with other writers and get guidance from them, haha, so I’m roaming around this platform.

Haven’t written a lot in the past few (two? three?) years except a few creative outbursts here and there; short stories that I never published. I want to do something about them but I don’t know what.

I’m also publishing a paranormal fanfiction I wrote when I was 15 (it had to be published :crazy_face:) and despite the apparent “corny age for writing a fanfic,” I kinda like it and i want to (what’s the word?) promote? it around? There used to be a thread for that around here, I can’t find one now. (I just want someone to read it, haha)

As far as reading is considered, I keep starting books and not finishing them. At the start I was forcing myself out of my burnout but now, I think interest has finally bound me a little.

• Started the second book of Folk of the Air (The Wicked King, after reading The Cruel Prince last year) and didn’t get past chapter one.

• Started Coraline, found out it really was a children’s book, but since I’ve watched the movie, it couldn’t hold me for long, left it halfway, meaning to continue it now.

• Then I started reading a BL novel on impulse, thought that it would be easy consumption (which it was) but then I got distracted.

• Distracted by “She Who Became the Sun,” which I’m currently starting. So far, the first chapter was a horrifying writing about starvation and it left me feeling weird and bad, which; I’d like to think, was the writer’s achievement. It made me admire her. So now I’m on chapter 3.

Let’s see where this reading journey will take me.

4 Likes

Great.

I just need to flesh out my world more.

1 Like

I am back again!

Project Merellien and Project Succession are going smoothly for me.

I kicked Project Dynasty to the curb, then replaced it with Project Breaker. That needs to get started sooner than later.

Other than those three, a fourth Project would be something school related and something else tossed in there. I always wanted to do a school setting in Alagossia, I just rather it would be college though.

So, that is all!

1 Like

I’m currently writing a boys boarding school setting. It’s hard! (ノ-_-)ノ ︵ ┻━┻

1 Like

Does that not please you?

1 Like

Nope, looks like I’ll have to watch Tom Brown’s Schooldays again for inspiration or something. (>‿◠):v:

I wish you better luck with yours! ( ˆ◡ˆ)۶ ٩(˘◡˘ )

1 Like

Thanks and best of luck with your writing. :blush:

I do have thoughts about the fourth, because the changes I pondered for in the Naivin Dynasty has dramatically increased in ways.

Project Dynasty could be my old House of Naivin novel, done WAY BETTER honestly.

1 Like