Protagonist first names

Does anyone know any name that’s not Ayden (hate that version of Aiden) Tyler, Jaxon, Mason or Ryder that is a kinda badass first name for an annoying dick protagonist?

inb4 @NotARussianBot tries to suggest BehindTheName to me. I don’t think it has an asshat section, though :flushed:

3 Likes

I just looked up “badass baby boy names”. Here’s a few websites. Try those keywords for other ones.

In both of these, Axel comes up. How about Axel?

3 Likes

What, didn’t put Ace or Axel up there?

I just use names I like: I’ve got an Dreithan, Althalos, Nathaniel…hell, I’ve got Quints named Huey (Hugh), Dewy (Daffyd), Louie (Louis), Stewie (Stewart) and Chewie (Jesus). I give no damns.

3 Likes

How about Rick or Fred for names, I am not sure what to suggest as protagonist first names.

3 Likes

I would say it depends entirely on when your character was born. All the names above sound like they would belong to someone in their early 20s at the oldest, as those names were not very popular before then.

This might be a me-thing(it’s definitely a me-thing…) but I got a huge peeve about names on characters being anachronistic :joy:

4 Likes

No, it reminds me of Axl Rose, a car axel, Axel F - Crazy frog! :stuck_out_tongue: Thanks for trying anyway.

Lmfao, if I was any of those kids, I would be crawling to the renaming office :flushed: It’s funny though, their names all rhyme but I can’t imagine Stewie Griffin from Family Guy now.

Fred and George from Harry Potter, and Rick Astley. :stuck_out_tongue:

I dunno, like early-mid 20s. But yeah, calling your kid Hermes or Zeus is kinda annoying.

2 Likes

I don’t care what people call their kids :joy:. I just find it annoying when authors are unaware of what people called their kids in a particular era/region. Like a twenty-year-old called Bob would be anachronistic because no one named their kid that twenty years ago (maybe Robert, but his nickname wouldn’t be Bob).

3 Likes

Why would you want a badass name for a character you hate? Pick a name you hate! That’ll keep him in character, or force you to redeem him so he’s no longer a dick. U^ェ^U

2 Likes

It was a way to remember 5 guys who other than sharing the same nose, wouldn’t look alike.

But for the fun of it, male names from A to Z…

Aaron
Barruch (Barry)
Colin
Drake
Ezra (my baby)
Frank
Gary
Hiram
Ian
Jack
Lance
Misha
Noah
Oren
Phil
Quincy
Roan
Samuel
Terry
Usain
Vance
Westley
Xion
Zein

Maybe 5 minutes of my kids shrieking about missing sodas.

2 Likes

Because I have to keep mentioning the damn name. Why not pick one you can tolerate? I’m not calling them Ayden and writing it and getting pissed off every time I write it and refuse to write more because of it.

3 Likes

Robbie.

1 Like

90% of them sound annoying. Especially Westley.

1 Like

"As…you…wiiiiiiiiish!’

“Shut up, Westley!”
https://youtu.be/OAqsU-BY58w

So, iconic for annoyng and hero.

3 Likes

Wesley :flushed: makes me think of the Vampire Dairies. Paul Wesley.

2 Likes

Yeah, but that’s easily 20 years too late, if not 30.

2 Likes

Probably, Hiram is a bad guy name :100:

1 Like

There were boys called Emma in the 19th century…think about that

2 Likes

Lindsay and Emma.

1 Like

Whitney was also a man’s name.

1 Like

Whitney: I’ll always love youuuuuu!

1 Like