Question Inside

How many parts on the Wattpad app can you get through without it forcing you to look at ads?

Also how often are ads meant to come on?

2 Likes

One. One if I’m lucky. That why I haven’t used the app to read in months. I have no idea how often they’re supposed to come but I’d assume that many ;-;

2 Likes

Hmm that’s weird. I was reading a short story and I go to chapter five. And then I got an ad and then I got through the next ten chapters. Out of curiosity how long do you spend on a chapter? I think they may be timed as well.

Also, I usually read online with adblocker on the website. Does wonders. I do occasionally read at night, but not a lot on the app.

2 Likes

Anywhere from less than a minute to 5 depending on the length

2 Likes

There is an extension to replace all ads with images of cats

1 Like

I used to be able to go 3 chapters before an ad, but recently, it seems like every time I flip a chapter I’ve got to wait 20 second. It think it’s because I’m not looking at it frequently enough (looking up at kids, whatnot).

2 Likes

Oof. I thought that it used to be about half an hour. Wattpad are really ripping the ass out of it.

For the app? :open_mouth:

Maybe that’s it. I’m not sure myself but it’s really annoying. I just want to read a book without being pestered by some dumb mobile ad.

1 Like

I do think time using the app affects some of it. And I really can have that thing open without looking at it for 20 minutes sometimes. Lol

1 Like

Wow. Twenty minutes is a long time. Especially for me.

All websites on a browser

1 Like

But I’m using the Wattpad app.

1 Like

My kids do something particularly stupid, I’m not closing an app to go deal with them.

2 Likes

Fair enough. I just close my phone and not the app too.

2 Likes

I think like two, maybe three parts. Though I would naturally read on a laptop because you can easily scroll by and it won’t be that big of a disruption.

This is what it looks like on a laptop. On my phone, it’s on the entire screen and you have to wait however long it is to get back into it.

2 Likes

That’s not a lot of parts.

Yeah, I agree totally and with ad block, you don’t get em.

The laptop isn’t half as bad and yeah you don’t have to push through it on the other page, which is good.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.