Questions pertaining to your writing projects!

I can answer these two…

“I see the greatness of lordship in you all… But you are not king’s yet…” Ossel of Acoss to his men before a battle.

The Endurlon is a standalone tale, but I have thoughts of writing some of the past histories which are spoken of throughout this tale. The Fall of Mundhlor, The Demise of the Winter Elves. The Fires of Acoss. Just to name a few… There could be more…

SD

1 Like

I honestly thought you were writing some series or something. I had no idea it was a standalone tale.

LOL!

That sounds pretty awesome and inspiring before a grand fight.

Yeah, it’s a long tale, and may be cut into two parts, but it is a standalone tale. I’m so taken with the past histories which I have created for this imaginary world that I feel that it would be a crime not to write about it all.

SD

1 Like

What follows this comment is what inspires his men further… But I will not speak of it here, as it will have to be written in full… And that would be a spoiler for the battle itself.

SD

1 Like

That is exactly how I feel right now!
The sheer size of Alagossia is beyond what can be comprehend.

In my mind, Alagossia just keeps expanding and everything that is an idea I just want to do for the world, that isn’t really connected.

It just keeps growing and changing like some child.
Having a single series focusing on all of the things I want to add to the story surrounding Alagossia and it’s worldbuilding, just will not fit in the way I want it to.

I really want to either do a standalone, duology, or some short story tackling different times, events, and people who made some type of impact on the world or something.

Does that make sense?

1. I am currently trying to wrap up my story “This is the Way the World Ends” which was supposed to be a short story/novella and ended up needing the breathing room of a full novel. I just wrapped up Michael: Relations, and am letting it sit before I even consider editing it. Hmmm, my next story(s)? Michael: Saying No is on deck, something I wrote quite a while ago that needs some major adapting to fit the current Michael timeline/story arc. I’d love to get back to Seraphim and Onyx at some point, but every time I do I stall after reading what’s there.

2. I gave my first novel attempt the initial title of “Lady and the Tiger” because the main character was a mutant named “Tigeshark” but eventually I renamed it to it’s current series name Gemutations (Standing for genetically mutated humans - gemue+mutations). I can’t say I’ve had any that are “inspiring” or “inspired” but they do fit their respective works pretty well.

3. OOF that’s easy… Garrett Kelly! Written as a foil for my dhampir Cabal (who is fairly straight laced and plays by the rules most of the time), Garrett is not a character that I can relate well to, so he’s always been a challenge because his motivations are so opposite of me.

4. The afforementioned Seraphim and Onyx (Sci-fi/Fantasy mashup) and Curiosity Kills (Hard-er sci fi) are two projects that have good bones, but I can’t seem to flesh them out.

5. I have been dabbling with the thought of continuing some true Gemutations sequels beyond plague, but haven’t gone much further than idle thought.

6. My most prolific series is The Only Half Saga, and the science I based my vampires and dhampirs in. :slight_smile:

7. Hmmm I think when I first wrote White Out and Jacob ended up being something Brenda didn’t know about (A soldier planted in her town to root out a killer)

8. “Do I look like a myth to you?” ~ Cabal in response to his fathers observation that he though dhampirs were a myth.

9. Not really?

10. My current projects are both parts of a larger series. Michael has one more book in the high school setting to write, but an inkling is arising that might give me books after Michael reaches adulthood. The Tales of Victor Sierra stories now number four (With three being compiled into one book because they’re shorter and World Ends as a novel)

11. sci-fi/fantasy (Seraphim and Onyx)

2 Likes

Electric Tacos

I don’t finish stories HAHA

I am also writing the Atl one. I will “finish” this, finish meaning get to 20-40k and send it for the ONC.

Electric Tacos

Jank

Happy Hour

:thinking:

Good question. Maybe Julio from Can We Kiss Forever? because he’s crazy. :joy: Not in the way that I am, and he talks to ghost(ies).

Where do I begin? :joy:

All of the time :joy: I’m doing Honor The Rain for ONC, and have never written anything like that before. It is loosely based off Aztec culture/mythology and has time travel elements in it too. Have had to do some research for it, and write different characters.

:thinking: No idea. They all are, in a way.

I wrote one for ONC 2022, but I took it down. It was called There’s Something I Hate About You, and it involved murder, and a succubus girlfriend :joy: It was too strange for ONC.

Spoken to Atl:

“If we’re conquered, then what’s the point in going back?”

“To fulfil your role in history, and be remembered for that role,”
Tōnacātēcuhtl said, “if you don’t, then someone else will. 
And that someone dying could be detrimental for everyone, and for your 
family’s future.”

I don’t know, to be honest.

Electric Tacos might not be a standalone, but Honor The Rain will be.

Something Sci-Fi or Horror.

3 Likes

Anyone else?

bumpers!

I saw you struggling with that. I find it fun. Then I go back to another story and adjust things if I have to. Everything then becomes a little more solid :wink:

Thanks! I am definitely going to make it work in the rewrite. Not going to edit it out.

Yeah, I did. I had a character in there that wasn’t working. It was actually Bethany but it didn’t make sense for her to be there and she wasn’t even the main role and it was such a mess. So, I wrote her own story The Rat Girl. MC Pandora, the siren princess will have her own portal fantasy. The difference would be is that she’s trying to get home…the other way. The other world for her is our world. Reverse portal fantasy, perhaps?

1 Like

The funny yet interesting thing about Alagossia is that the world seem to always be expanding in my mind.

Ah, the more you know. LOL!

Now, that sounds cool.

1 Like

Actually, I am about to finish my ONC novella, Played by the Mafia and at that point I will need to stop and take a deep breath in.

I have these in my plate:

The Fireman’s Girl --I an just editing first draft and posting it 1x a week on Wattpad. So, it has to continue.

But here is my vs.:

Second ONC entry, The Tetrachromat–personal project, only for Wattpad vs The Guardian Demon maybe 30% chance to appeal to Wattpad audience, offline draft I was working on. I need to pick which one I will keep posting on WP once “The Fireman Girl” is done posting.

My off-line time and energy should go into all-platform project Her Alpha Ultimatum which I hope has >50% to engage audience somewhere. I need at least 15 chapters (~25-30K) to launch it simultaneously everywhere and see if people would bite. If they wouldn’t, I’d sink it and return to the either Tetrachromat or Guardian Demon and lick my wounds until I can start re-writing Played by the Mafia into the novel & maybe do book 4 of the ‘by the Mafia’ series right away.

Resonating quote: Russians, as an ethnicity, are firmly opposed to happy ends. The sense of impending doom is swear word integral to them.

2 Likes

Let’s see how many chapters I last in normal world New Soleil before it turns fantasy XD

Right now, I have it that Pandora is trying to open the portal, but it’s something to do with the moon and tide, she can’t open it. There was a jewel she was supposed to steal from Bethany (who I’m taking out of the story), and it doesn’t make sense for that jewel to be in our world in the first place.

I’m going to have to think what to do with that. Maybe Pandora’s enemy can have it? The guy that works at the aquarium?

Idk what she can do with the jewel though now that Bethany’s not going to be part of the lore :stuck_out_tongue: Bethany having the jewel was supposed be like some siren-human-friendship rekindled kind of thing. Since it’s not, what can Pandora do with it now? Maybe open the portal? Use magick? Speak to dolphins?

I haven’t even decided how much magick Pandora is able to take with her into our world or if I’ll keep that idea of her twin brother Pan following her in somehow.

So, yeah, I kind of rambled but as you can see, I probably have to rewrite the entire thing. The lore is all messed up :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m writing/revising a YA sci-fi fantasy. It is my most recent finished novel as I am in the process of revising it (it’s on its third draft), but besides this story, my most recently finished novel was a NA murder mystery, but that’s been finished for like three or so years.

My next novel would be the sequel (in a four book series) to the YA sci-fi fantasy. The first book is called the Sorceress, its sequel is called Fara’s Curse.

I think my two most creative titles would be my previous novel, In the Dark, and my very first novel, A Nightmare’s Fate.

My least creative one would be a novel I wrote right after ANF which was called Ariella. It was named after the main character. :rofl:

Actually, it’d be the character from my current novel lol. His name is Nicolas Eissa and while he has similar personalities and moods I’ve written prior to his character, there is a complexity to him that it definitely is a little bit hard to get around.

Tons of projects. :rofl:

I think the one that stands out in my mind the most is this one novel called (1) New Message which was supposed to be a YA contemporary romance, about these teens who became friends through online schooling and eventually fell in love with each other. I wrote a couple of chapters before I tossed it because I was also in the process of working on a novella called My Invisible Wound and later, a novel called Taste of Italy, so I never got around to getting back into it because I couldn’t juggle multiple projects at a time.

I think that once I finish the Sorceress series, I’ll get back into writing it.

I want to start dabbling in horror. In the Dark was supposed to be a horror novel, but it turned into a murder mystery which I was fine with, but I really want to try my hand at an actual horrifying novel. I also want to combine it with historical fiction because I really want to write about or inspired by Elizabeth Bathory who was a noblewoman in the late 1500s, early 1600s and was a serial killer. I had this idea for years now, and something I might do in the near future is write about a victim who escaped.

Another historical fiction I’d like to try would be a pirate novel. Pirates of the Caribbean is my favorite pirate story ever and I’d love to create a novel that has the same feels to it, you know?

Otherwise, I’d like to create a novel set in space that deals with aliens… kind of like Alien. I was thinking if the setting in Alien: Isolation was more like a luxurious hotel instead of a station, and the story was about what happened before and during the alien attack, and if there were no mean robots. Something like that, you know?

Taste of Italy. It was the most enjoyable because I love Italy and I loved being able to research the places my MC went to as it felt like I had been there.

My current novel. The Sorceress has a couple twists here and there, though they don’t seem as big as others I’ve made. The major twists don’t come until later in the series, but I think one of the best twists this novel has given me was something readers are definitely gonna hate… :rofl:

Ooof.

Nicolas sat up now. “But what if—”

“The people we’ve lost are lost forever to an empty space?” He cut Nicolas off with the same words he was about to say. “Perhaps they are. But you can try to find some peace knowing they will never be hurt again.”

And then later on in the scene…

“Maybe so. But maybe she could’ve died somewhere else, maybe even by someone else. You can’t let grief overwhelm your thoughts. You need to let them go. You need to find peace, Nicolas.”

Both said by one of my favorite characters, Ha-nuel. He’s inspired by Quincy from TikTok’s Quincy’s Tavern. Always gives wonderful advice.

Pfft. I can give you a dozen examples. xD

It is a series, but when I do get it ready for querying it’s gonna be “stand-alone with series potential.” I’m hoping it can stand as a stand-alone because it ends on a big cliffhanger moment… which isn’t very stand-alone type. xD

Horror, historical fiction, and thrillers are big hopes in the future. But I do love exploring fantasy.

2 Likes

Oh, they do… I had to stay my boarders of Arillion and keep it within a size that I could manage. If I did not it would have just become too big a world to write.

It does. And that is why I will write the other histories of Arillion. Some of which has crafted the peoples and world in general, and now Arillion is seeing the events of the past direct its future… So, yeah. Go for it when writing the extras.

SD

1 Like

Yeah, with the problem I have (on a mental health scale) it just makes it a bit worse.

Sigh…

I should try that method. I mean I am doing that in a sense with Red Reign: The Breaking of Renna.

Yet it isn’t quite the same.
All of the timelines and alternate universes things relating to Alagossia are a chaotic mess.

Things either add up or not all that much.
:sweat_smile:

Not actively writing fiction at the moment. Wrote a short story around xmas. The next one will probably be a short story as well. I’ve been taking notes and doing interviews for my untitled novel. It’s possibly going to take years to write.

I really like Incredible Nordic Oatmilk, Madonna of the Mackerels and Tombstoning.

Hmm I titled my fantasy books The Intrigues of Gods & Men and I Dream of Monsters. Like no hun, it’s not that serious. You’re trying too hard.

Fairuz from my untitled novel. He’s a mercurial figure. He’s lived through a massive revolution and a change of fortune, he’s stuck in his ways and he’s so full wisdom he doesn’t share. I can’t find his voice. Maybe when I’m older :man_shrugging:

The Lightning Girl. I started writing it as I was finishing highschool, and I think I wanted to capture that precarity of stepping into the real world. I never finished it. It’s so far removed from what I want to express now in my writing so I never went back. I still treasure it, though.

Yes lol.

I Dream of Monsters was wild. I was doing so much in it; dreamscapes, hell, a war, a secret society, demonic rituals, a serial killer, lobotomies, ghosts, tenement and city politics, Greek & Hindu mythology all wrapped up in a love story. It was a good time.

Tombstoning has Otillie die at the end of the first paragraph. It’s jarring when you think you’re sticking with Otillie’s viewpoint for the whole story. The next paragraph is Sam’s viewpoint. And the next is the Lifeguard’s. The viewpoint jumps between each character with every paragraph.

I refuse to attach sentiment to my work — how modernist of me.

I’m not sure.

I feel like making a chapbook out of the short stories. The novel will be a stand alone most definitely. Maybe one day I’ll write a series…

2 Likes

I like it. :pleading_face:

:sweat_smile:

Don’t worry too much at this time regarding the Timeline Mess. Focus on one specific tread of that timeline and get it nailed down. Only then can you work on the next and the next after that, finding a placement for them all in turn.

SD

1 Like