Random Fun: last names I never knew existed

Okay, so, I’ve been working on my academic stuff and when I do, I often come across people with such unique last names.

Maybe they’re not unique to you, but they are to me, and also make me realize that I don’t need to overthink my character last names being weird or too unique.

• Overturf (A nice one. Sounds like a dystopian fantasy rebel name.)

• Sandilands (I read this as “sandy lands” :stuck_out_tongue: I know the “i” is probably short, but I like it my way XD)

• Fortunati (It’s fortunate!)

• Muscio (do they, perhaps, like music?)

• Zendehdel (Looks awesome and could be turned into a first name.)

• Abdelzaher (Same thoughts as above.)

• Smol (Look at this one! So smol :pleading_face:)

Do you know any real-life unique last names?

2 Likes

I once met a girl with the surname Dragonetti or something along those lines.

2 Likes

It would be funny if they were a giant.

3 Likes

LOL!

3 Likes

thundering footsteps
giant shadow
everyone is intimidated
Giant man speaks in squeaky voice: I’m your new DJ, Lil’ Smol.

3 Likes

That’s a cool name.

1 Like

I think so too. I’m sure the girl with that surname can agree.
LOL!

2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

there’s an annoying radio host in my country with the second name, so most people are aware of it here

I’ve always been fascinated with weird cultural surnames like -én surnames in Sweden or two-character family names in Chinese

3 Likes

I once ended up sitting with 3 cubicle mates that made me feel like I was on a quest for something. Their names, I kid you not were

Kevan VanDerKamp, Crimson Zhu and Linden Morningstar…

There is also this Russian figure skater, who has a very common Russian last name, Popov. But the worst mistake a skater can make, is to ‘pop’ a jump (miss rotations). And, well, when my favs compete, including Popov fellow, I blow up balloons and put their names on them. But my cat clandestinely pops the balloons in the middle of the night. Last Saturday he (cat) popped Popov’s balloon, after which Popov popped a lutz… but he still got bronze and qualified for nationals, so dear Marshmallow the Cat, you plan didn’t work!

3 Likes

Morningstar :open_mouth: That sounds like they’d wield magic swords.

lol XD And Marshmallow is a cute name :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Morningstar is a type of a flailing weapon. And the cat is such a softie that he actually delicately bites the balloons, to deflate then, instead of popping them with a huge sound effect. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Morningstar is a term referring to ol’ Lucifer. Bright Morningstar is Jesus.

1 Like

I thought it was somewhat familiar, but my tired brain couldn’t place it.

1 Like

Maybe the cat is afraid of the big sound, too. So, he mastered the art of popping balloons quietly. Probably has a medal for his craft :wink:

2 Likes

He’s just a sweet, soft kitty. Sorry, I really love that cat.

1 Like