Repeating History - Originality Who? šŸ”Ž

I thought Battle Royal was the original :eyes: - I only thought this because I hear it was much older than I thought, so I could be totally wrong.

Still need to see the first one, but I did watch the second and remember hearing comparisons.

Never watched the second, but I can totes see the connection lol.

This one I need explained in more detail - how XD

2 Likes

Between all three of them, it is. I was meaning that the Hunger Games was the original between Divergent and itself.

Battle Royal came out in 2000, the Hunger Games came out in 2008 (the book), and Divergent came out in 2011 (the book).

Yeah, theyā€™re practically the same, just different actors and some minor plot changes.

White House Down is about a father getting rejected from a job he wanted (secret service) and then takes his daughter on a tour of the White House, pretending that heā€™ll work there, they get put into the middle of a hostage and attack situation where a group of people want to kill the president. The father protects the president and eventually does become secret service.

Then youā€™ve got Olympus Has Fallen whereas a group also attacks and takes hostage the people of the White House where a former secret service officer, as he resigned after an accident, looks for the presidentā€™s son and helps save the president. But when all is said and done, he gets reinstated after protecting him.

I mostly just said it because theyā€™re both about a group (small, big, whatever) of people tracking down ghosts, demons, and monsters. xD

Also, thought of a few others:

Star Wars verses Harry Potter

Sky High verses X-Men

Cars verses Doc Hollywood (Iā€™ve never seen Doc Hollywood, but I saw a video that explained how Cars ripped it off lol)

2 Likes

You just gave me flashbacks to my childhood!

ā€¦Iā€™m not a fan of either so meh XD

never watched either of these either XD

yep! I remember that and the ending flag scene!

Ohhhh!!

haha!

1 Like

Yeahhhhhh
ā€¦they actually try to bodybuild like the wolf actors.

https://www.mensjournal.com/health-fitness/how-the-twilight-guys-got-ripped

Iā€™ve never watched the movies but the stills they use for references are tight.

2 Likes

Or they name them the dumb things without reference:

2 Likes

The amount of Wattpad Male Leads who act like this is higher than zero, which makes me terrified for humanity.

Why does this surprse you? People have attractions to badly written hotties, which perpetuates this into insanity.

And Im well aware of it, which is where the start for this chapter Iā€™m currently writing comes from:

The Essence of U

Rumors started going around pretty quickly since Daniel spent all that afternoonā€™s classes sitting with a girl no one noticed before, although, by the teacherā€™s reactions, she must have been there the whole year. Several people were trying to figure out ā€œwhat she looked like before she glowed upā€.

Whatever the difference was, there were quite a few envious looks over it. The unobtainable bad boy and the fresh queen that no one else had a chance with, which should have kept the gossip going for days.

Should was all that Daniel could think of as everyone was crowded into the auditorium and their principal badly broke the news of Oscarā€™s death. They hadnā€™t done this for Seanā€“a much more beloved asshole than his so-called best friend.

This guy is one of ā€œthe bad boysā€, and he doesnt date because where he plays the part, his friend is the real deal evil, ans he doesnā€™t wa y to get entangled with him over it. (So, secret marshmallow tendencies, too. And NoT letting him gEt ThE gIrL in the end.)

1 Like

It surprises me because when you think about it, they act a lot like spoiled children. Which makes this less DDLGand more LGLB.

1 Like

Someone should just age up Stingy, and put him randomly in a Wattpad story, but he still acts the same.

Or just put Michael Knowles in it. He literally looks like Adult Human Stingy.

1 Like
these are all the shows that i think are very similar and feels repetitive (but i still watch them bc idc)
  • warrior nun and the protector
    one recent similarity for me was warrior nun and the protector (turkish) which are both tv shows on netflix. not many people would make the link, especially if they only watch english shows or shows in their own countries but it is very similar. the main-characterā€™s power is related to a church, both of them have something in their skin that makes them glow (a halo for warrior nun and an ancient shirt that literally manifested into the main character in the protector), they have ā€˜loyal onesā€™ and ā€˜warriorsā€™ whoā€™s only purpose is to keep them protected & safe, and both of them have extraordinary abilities that help them fend off people who are going after the things that make them powerful.
  • games of thrones and the witcher
    it gives me similar vibes, first of all the advertisement for it and well, pretty much the whole theme is very similar. both are fantasy series with epic themes and medieval settings.
  • the i-land and the wilds
    (really big similarity here) both involve survival situations with groups of people stranded in mysterious locations.
  • shadow & bone and cursed
  • the oc and one tree hill
    both are teen dramas set in affluent communities and focus on relationships and personal drama.
  • santa clarita diet & izombie
    both are comedic series involving supernatural elements and the undead.
  • i am not okay with this and carrie - are they not basically along the same lines, same kind of thing? bullied main character, who unalives student/s at prom before walking home in completely red? i swear, when i saw the main character in i am not okay with this covered in red just like carrie, coming from a prom, just like carrie, and having supernatural telekinetic powersā€¦just like carrie, it wasnā€™t hard to make the connection.
  • the office and parks & recreation
    both are mockumentary-style sitcoms set in workplace environments.
  • boston legal and suits
    both are legal dramas centered around law firms and feature charismatic lawyers.
  • wentworth (prisoner: cell block h) and orange is the new black
    these are shows, yet again, from different countries but are actually similar. prisoner: cell block h is dated back to when my mum was growing up in the 80ā€™s but had a reboot series renamed wentworth in 2013. it revolves around a character named bea smith who goes to prison and well, she makes some friends, she loses some, side characters have their own little plotline stories, a lot of lgbt+ representation too. orange is the new black, reminded me so much of wentworth.
  • buffy the vampire slayer and supernatural
    i mean, come on. both shows touch on many mythological creatures that they either kill or are friends with. one just has a woman slayer with a bunch of friends and the other are just brothers.
  • greys anatomy and er/nurses
  • station 19 and 9-1-1
  • remington steele, castle, bones, the mentalist and unforgettable
  • hawaii five-oh and the ncis, csi franchise.
  • the night agent and the recruit
    itā€™s basically the same movie/series, just different fonts. actually, thatā€™s a lie. they may as well have used the same font style for the posters. itā€™s basically identical.
  • how i met your mother and friends.
  • killing eve and bambaska biri (turkish)
    one is about an mi6 agent chasing a serial killer in which she develops somewhat feelings for the killer, and the other is about a prosecutor chasing a serial killer to whom (tbf unknowingly) she falls in love with. this one isnā€™t too similar, but it reminded me of the other while watching it, especially the ending. the ending is basically the exact same. the main thing thatā€™s different in this one is that in bambaska biri, the serial killer has a split personality and the prosecutor falls in love with one of his personalities (the main one) who is also famous journalist but she does find out soon enough that his split personality had been the one who had been the serial killer the entire time. also, the main personality was not aware that his alter ego had been unaliving people. itā€™s acc worth a watch. but it is pretty similar in terms of - detective/agent/prosecutor goes after and falls in love with a killer.
  • the last kids on earth (cartoon) and daybreak
    probably based off the other potentially but incredibly similar, both involve post-apocalyptic settings with young protagonists.
  • idk if anyone remembers believe (with a powerful gifted telekinetic little girl called bo and her dad, tate) but when i watched raising dion, immediately thought of it.
  • the gifted and umbrella academy (could be a far reach but idk)
  • rebelde and elite
  • the vampire diaries, twilight and fallen. i donā€™t really think i gotta justify this one tbh.
  • percy jackson series, the shannara chronicles, and the mortal instruments
    hear me out, thereā€™s actually a few similarities. quests, one person realising their capabilities or finding out that theyā€™re powerful and basically working together (mostly as a trio) to solve mysteries, save their people etc.
  • there is alsoā€¦ nancy drew and lockwood & coā€¦ and maybe, perhaps, chilling adventures of sabrina.
    they really give the same vibes. teenagers who solve mysteries and deal with supernatural spirits etc. a shame that lockwood & co was cancelled.

and these are just tv-shows. i find that there are so many links/connections in regards to like books or songs sometimes. like for example, life with the walter boys and the summer i turned pretty, and songs, well thereā€™s a few but i think theyā€™re most likely sampled songs.

1 Like

Makes me think Avatar the Last Airbender but not animated xD.

And omg you gave so many examples! And hi, Bella!

2 Likes

hi tan, gorgeous! howā€™s it going? ikr way too many examples sorry :sob:

2 Likes

Remember me?

I have some intriguing evidence that the beloved Zuko was inspired by a certain other princeā€¦

2 Likes

Just finished dropping my baby off at the emergency vet. They gave me a better prognosis than the other that told me to euthanize himā€¦

2 Likes

What about you?! Howā€™s it been?!

2 Likes

omg, thank goodness you went to this emergency vet, wouldnā€™t wanna see our lil guinea being euthanised omg wth :woman_facepalming:t4: just sounds like that was the easiest option for them or they didnā€™t look further.

iā€™ve been great! third year of university now, graduating next year though. itā€™s pretty decent, not so bad as i thought itā€™d be, iā€™ve been managing to get first class in most assignments so thatā€™s good :sob: but i canā€™t wait to graduate and move on. iā€™m so glad i caught you on here! usually i think i come on here for a little while and then dip :skull: but i always hope that at least one of you guys are active so i can check up on you! how is everybody else? they all good?

2 Likes

Weā€™ve all been in and out with rl stuff (work for most of us and school for a select few) but weā€™re still around periodically. I know Iā€™m usually on, just lurking :eyes:ā€¦ I got married!

2 Likes

OMG WHAT? youā€™re married now? congratulations! iā€™m so happy for you omg. how was your wedding? did you enjoy it? whoā€™s the lucky one? sad it wasnā€™t me :sob: jkjk, knick (mari) is my number one fr, i semi-stalked her wattpad account today :eyes: thus why i was reminded of wacky and thought iā€™d do my half-a-yearly drop in.

2 Likes

Half a yearly drop in :joy:.

The same boyfriend turned fiance you all knew about, haha. We tied the knot on our ten year anniversary :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

2 Likes

oh wait, i remember now! same guy, huh? :smirk: congratulations. itā€™s so cute you guys did it on your anniversary :sob: thatā€™s actually so cute

half-a-yearly bc iā€™ve got a bad habit of not staying active :sob:

2 Likes