Requesting a fantasy book cover please and three banners!!

Title : The Sword and The Rose
Author name : Kim. G. M

Idea: I want a sword in a middle, with a pretty magenta color scheme for the flowers and background. Would either love white text or a metallic silver–manipulated text ofc.

Inspo for the cover :

https://pin.it/5DJDwoM

Color scheme :

Payment: Whatever you’d prefer !! Open for discussion!

1 Like

Forgot to ass that the three banners would be following the same color scheme, one for a character named Taran–would love for that one to be moodier and dark. And then for Ilaria, more lighter and whimsical in a way still following the color scheme. And the last one saying Thank you for reading!

Question, would you like Taran to be visually represented by a sword and Ilaria represented by a rose?

yes!

1 Like

I’m not super fantastic with more complex covers but I gave it a good ol’ college try.

1 Like

Free bump

Bop

I may try to whip something up tomorrow for this, looks interesting

I came up with two different versions, and couldn’t choose one.
If you like either, tell me which one and I’ll make the matching banners.
I did try making the text bevelled or using some sort of effect,
but with how busy the cover already is, that wasn’t working out.

Edit: Will be putting this up as a premade on my instagram. Please contact me to check if it’s available if you want to use this.

1 Like

Hi @swoonvellope ! Please let me know if you would like to use this within three days, or I put this up as a premade! If you don’t see this message until after that and want to use it, you can try messaging me to see if the premade is taken, and if it’s not, I’ll be happy to let you use it.

Wow that first one is absolutely gorgeous! You should keep these and try to get into professional book cover making if you’re not already.

1 Like

Thank you! I do have open comissions, and am trying to build a following on multiple platforms at the moment! I’m also going to uni for design, so I’m hoping publication design is something I can work in.

1 Like

Oh do you have an instagram? I’d love to follow and support your work. I’m also trying to grow a following and I’m designing my own book cover.

1 Like

Yep! here is the link. What is your handle? I’ll follow you back and take a look at your work, it’s always a pleasure interacting with other designers!

I have two. One is my art instagram ( aximekyre ) and one is for my authorgram ( libertyawalters ). You can follow whichever one you want to.

1 Like

Oh my gosh. Your cover designs are gorgeous. I’m not much of a graphic artist but I’m currently learning digital art. It’s hard to get a handle on since I’ve been a traditional painter for so long.

1 Like

Thank you so much!

Yeah digitial and traditional art are quite different, and it’s always a hard transition! But it’s lots of fun, to translate those skills.

Edit: Just looked at your profile! Your art is beautiful! And you have a really amazing handle on anatomy, how long did it take to build those skills?

1 Like

A very long time. I spend a very very long time correcting every drawing I make and I own a ton of programs for anatomy. I do a ton of 1000 body pose challenges to keep up my skills. I’m actually very bad at drawing bodies :joy: :sweat_smile:

I tried to learn photoshop a while ago to do better covers but there are almost zero people teaching it online for iPad. So I had to drop it because I couldn’t figure out what was going on enough to make anything decent.

1 Like

Oh god it’s a lot of work to get good at anatomy, and even then we’re constantly questioning whether the shapes and forms look correct. Ugh…

Oh Photoshop is rarely used in IPad. It’s much less intimidating on a laptop / desktop. I use a free web version called photopea, and it’s pretty close replica, except when it comes to animating anything.

1 Like

Photopea huh. I’ll totally check that out.
I wanted to learn it on my Ipad because I’m much better and doing things with a pencil or stylus (190$ for a apple pencil is ridiculous but I did it anyway to live my digital art dreams). I’m not so great at fine movements with a mouse. It’s sort of funny that they designed a whole layout for Ipad on photoshop and nobody uses it.

1 Like