Show me your art!

Nice gradient

3 Likes

full piece on instagram

there’s close up on the slides

8 Likes

Shading is inevitably where all my weaknesses come to life so have this lineart before I mess it up okay thanks.

11 Likes

So, I found something I like doing:

2 layers of marble tiles pattern from Gimp’s Bucket Fill: both scaled larger, upper tile set to lighten only.
3rd layer is Gradient Tool, on Golden, shape is bi-linear, and the 2 color points are lightened. Layer is set to Overlay.

6 Likes

Beautiful anatomy :two_hearts:

4 Likes

Illustration237

Well

W/e

12 Likes

of you use flats, try using some gradients cuz it’ll look better than airbrushing stuff

2 Likes

90% of this is watercolour, actually. The only airbrushed things are the volumetrics, which I used as a basic indicator earlier and never redid, and then the lighting, also as a basic indicator that I never redid.

Though in future yeah I will redo the volumetrics so it doesn’t look as muddy. I’m just too tired for today, lul.

3 Likes

I’m bound to return to this eventually but,

For now I’ll consider it done.

11 Likes

Thoughts?

8 Likes

Spock?

2 Likes

:joy:

No. You’re the second person to mention that.

It’s my character, Javier. He’s a vampire, and yeah, he resembles Spock.

1 Like

At least he resembles the Evil Spock.

2 Likes

Is it the hair and ears? :joy:

1 Like

And goatee, and glimmering stare.

OIP

5 Likes

:joy: He wasn’t the point of reference, believe me. But I see it now.

4 Likes

Is his hair curly or straight? a touch of texture could throw it off a great deal.

4 Likes

I don’t really know. I’ve never really thought about it lol but I see what you mean.

1 Like

Well, the build of the nose is wide with no depth, which gives the assumption of Asiatic-to-African features. Curls are assumed for African, straight for Asiatic. But look, my husband’s background is pretty guaranteed at 90%+ white or higher, and he’s got a wide nose, with some depth, along with big honking lips. And his hair, that short is spikey straight (buzz cut), while long is loose-curly. I mean, we have the paperwork on an NA common ancestor, but that’s like 10+ generations back, no matter how many times she pops up in both our ancestry. (Cajuns are a taproot.)

This stuff is really just pick-and-choose.

3 Likes

You have a point, lol. I need to flesh him out more, but I am assuming that he has a decent amount of Spanish and NA ancestry in him. You should also see Rod, I can’t draw him lol.

3 Likes