Sigils by Val : Fakes / Non Committing

Thank you! I’m very proud of it, even though it was surprisingly very simple to make!

3 Likes

OPEN! I’m looking for some more different genre fakes, so if you have those, yay! Good old fantasy wouldn’t hurt, too!

1 Like

OPEN for more fakes! Bring it on!

1 Like

Title: Find Me

Author: Lois Haas

Subtitle: I want to lose myself in the darkness.

Summary: Taylor Brooks had always hated her school, her life, her parents, and finally, things started looking up a bit, she got accepted into her dream college, and the boy she liked had finally discovered her existence. Yet in the premises, hidden in the shadows, lay her worst nightmare, a dark, haunting creature of the night was ready to pull her in at any moment. And that moment was now.

Inspo:

Colors: Blues, purples, whites, blacks, and maybe some gold?

Ideas: Maybe a girl falling into an abyss? And possibly the edges around the cover are golden.

3 Likes

DELIVERY
@Manya707

drag to new tab for full view

Changed the title. Hope you don’t mind. I like this, but in the normal * shrug * way

2 Likes

Just to let you know, the links aren’t clickable.

And you might want to edit the post for typos

1 Like

I put the slashes before the colons :sweat_smile: should work now

All done — brain was fuzzier than I thought :joy:

Thanks for the heads up! <3

1 Like

It works now!

No problem!

1 Like

what kind of genres do you prefer for fakes?

1 Like

Anything! I do a lot of fantasy work, but I’m looking to broaden my design work, so I’m open to all sorts of stuff!

1 Like

nice! how about romance?

title: time never tells
author: bella tahir
subtitle: what’s the point of love, if you don’t know where it leads?
brief story description: it was always so easy to know how long something would last and olivia never failed to be wrong. despite her cynical attitude toward love, she still finds herself pushing toward endless relationships that only end and never go on for more than a few months. that is, until she meets lucas. he’s ordinary, and looks just like all the boys that seem to thrive in high school’s social hierarchy, but his generic personality and his looks start to morph into something different that olivia finds she is attracted to. as their relationship evolves and they eventually get together, there is one thing olivia is suddenly so scared about. she can’t predict how long their relationship will last. reeling in the surprise of a relationship lasting longer than average, and enjoying the feeling of being in that relationship, olivia finds she’s in for something she’s never experienced before.
inspo images: (optional) i can try to find some on pinterest i guess, idk, i’ll edit the post if i find anything c:
colors: any colour? but if you want something specific to work on, maybe warm colours like coffee brown, or yellow, or red, or anything warm, with contrasted colours like grey and black or white. it’s completely up to you this one though. i imagine some pictures can represent the romance in the story but could be a whole different colour, which is cool.
ideas: i notice in your examples that you tend to use the solid serif fonts, perhaps with this request you could use more handwritten elegant type fonts. or a mix of both. i don’t mind really. it would be cool if you include two people on the cover, or just a girl. she can look like anything you want. i picture olivia blonde as i was making this up, and lucas to be brunette. but honestly i don’t mind.

this is a weird plot, i’m glad it’s actually not a real one XD i hope you enjoy making this cover, if you choose to accept c:

1 Like

I’ll try this out, thanks! I don’t know how long it will take for me to make this, because of a lot of irl stuff, but I’ll get it done when I can, it looks interesting!

1 Like

@bxllawrites
Delivery! I didn’t stick to the prompt as much, but I hope you like this!

I will be posting this on my instagram once you get back to me - in case you have any suggestions or changes.
I’m glad to work with yellow - it’s a color I rarely reach for in my work, and it’s about time that changed.

2 Likes

it’s actually very good! i like the cut-out paper thing you did with the drop shadow effect!

1 Like

Thanks, glad you like it! :heart: