Sigils by Val : Fakes / Non Committing

So, it’s that time again. When I’ve run out of ideas, and I want to design. So send across your fake requests! (if it’s for a real book, we can discuss payment if you want to use it.)
Feel free to send across other covers you want me to try and replicate (although my version will look SIGNIFICANTLY different) (also, there are all non-commercial. dm me for anything else.)

Here’s a form:
Title:
Author:
Subtitle:
Brief story description:
Inspo images: (optional)
Colors:
Ideas:

Examples

I’m trusting y’all not to steal these, so they’re watermarked. Most of there are premades, and can be requested.

6 Likes

Have fun:)

Title: Crown of Thorns
Author: Eris E. Vayne
Subtitle: N/A
Brief story description: Laelynn, Princess of the Fae’s and prophesied to be the one to bring hope becomes the Queen. After her coronation, things take a turn and she has to battle against people that want to steal the throne and assassinate her. After the recent betrayal of her personal assassin, she must team up with an unlikely human to end the war against the throne.
Inspo images:

Colors: Gold, green, red (optional)
Ideas: A gold crown (or any crown that you feel might fit) + thorns surrounding it. Might be cool if the background is a throne room. One more thing, blood dripping from either the thorns, crown or both:)

Title: House of Silverthorne
Subtitle: Who shall win?
Brief story description: A race is proposed to solve the problem in the house of silverthorne. All illegible Faes in their teens are to be brought into a sadistic game to see what couple survives win it ends. Faeryn and Coryne are grouped together and must find ways to survive until the clock strikes twelve, or die trying.
Inspo images:

Colors: Silver, red
Ideas: An hourglass surrounded by silver thorns/branches

Title: Race of Time
Subtitle: Can they make it out?
Brief story description: While walking home with her friend, Cecilia is kidnapped by a wealthy family and forced to join a game where they dragged in other people to fight till the death. She’s teamed up with a timid girl and they have to make do with the supplies they have. Through betrayal and horror, they must find a way to win, even if it costs them.
Inspo images:

Colors: Dark blue, red
Ideas: This is set in a large mansion and the lights are off during the game, the character is an Asian teen wearing a navy blue dress (which is ripped but that doesn’t have to matter on the cover). She uses a dagger she finds and fights with it so it could be stained/dripping with blood.

Title: A Crow’s Murder
Subtitle: N/A
Brief story description: There has been a murder of the most important and influential person in New York, his daughter has disappeared and their fortune locked until she comes back. And then, a letter appears, sent to a detective. Signed by Lady Crow, the daughter that had disappeared all these years. Can they solve the murder and find the suspect?
Inspo images:

Colors: Black, grey, white and red
Ideas: A single crow standing in the center surrounded by blood splatters. Preferably a vector

4 Likes

Ahhh wow, you’ve given me some gems! Thank you! Will have them done one by one!

2 Likes

No problem! If you’d like some more, I have a bunch of ideas lol

3 Likes

Ooh thanks! I’ll finish these and get back to you!

2 Likes

DELIVERY!

@TheMidnightAssassin

drag to new tab for full view and all that

I don’t really feel any particular way about this,
other than this is too busy. But I like how different this is.
I’m looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

6 Likes

Omg, this is breathtaking, I love it!

4 Likes

Aw thank you!

2 Likes

sorry it’s taking a while to get to the rest, I got some big requests. I’ll still be finishing these, though.

2 Likes

still getting to it. Been sorta uninspired and busy, but I’m trying to get back to one graphic a day. Still have two outstanding requests, but will come back to these as soon as they’re done!

3 Likes

DELIVERY

@TheMidnightAssassin

drag to new tab for full view

Didn’t really go with your suggestion, whoops. But I like this version. Keeping it simple, yeah? I don’t really have any strong feelings about this. It’s okay, now onto the next. (in my mind)

3 Likes

No problem! It looks so cool! Feel free to interpret the other fakes as you wish, they’re just ideas:)

2 Likes

DELIEVERY!
@TheMidnightAssassin

again, don’t feel much about this, but… I’m glad I used this to get out of my design slump

4 Likes

This looks fabulous!

2 Likes

Thanks!

2 Likes

Your graphic designing is awesome:)

2 Likes

steps out of lurking corner I agree! Val is amazing

3 Likes

@TheMidnightAssassin @NatilladeCoco
Thank you both so much! I haven’t been doing this for a very long time, but I love designing so it means a lot!

3 Likes

I’m proud I was able to make this. The end of my thoughts, hehe.

5 Likes

Omg, that looks so awesome

2 Likes