Sleep inducing sounds?! Are there sounds that put you in a good sleep?!

Sounds that just feel great to listen to, but even better when you are about to go to sleep.

What sounds are great for making feel sleepy and keeps you asleep?!

Thoughts and feelings?

4 Likes

@Akje
@AMMeyers
@alenatenjo
@arriettynoel
@J.L.O
@TheTigerWriter
@JojoDahlia
@NotARussianBot
@JohnnyTuturro

1 Like
2 Likes

Boring sounds put you in a good sleep? Not soothing sounds?

1 Like

There’s no excuse for anyone on this planet to have insomnia when Project Gutenberg offers thousands of the world’s most boring books for free. (- _ -)Zzz…

2 Likes

The sound of Rain… Sensory Vids on Youtube help me to unwind…

SD

2 Likes

Any breadtube video essay.

1 Like

The sound of silence.

I don’t listen to anything before going to sleep.

BUT

Bharatanatyam music is somehow soothing to listen to and I could fall asleep to.

3 Likes

Flowing water/rain/fire ambience types.

3 Likes

Ones that repeat, but not annoyingly so. Rainfall tends to be one of the big ones. If I’m not worried about weather, wind through the trees is big, too.

2 Likes

I don’t really use sounds to fall asleep to unless I’m having a really difficult time falling asleep or if there’s a lot of noise in the living room (like if my sister watches a loud movie or god-forbid pulls the karaoke machine out ugh).

The top two sounds I find that puts me to sleep are rain and ocean noises. I tend to go with thunderstorms more because ocean waves crashes sounds a bit too much like static noise. xD Heavy thunderstorms will calm me instantly and put me to sleep haha.

Another one would be music. Like any kind of music in my library. If I have a difficult time falling asleep, I’ll just listen to music because it’ll make me sleepy.

And then on the off chance I’m in the living room, I’ll put an ambient background on the TV (the visual is usually a bookstore, home library, bedroom in a city, or a cafe, though I’ll also put a fireplace on most of the time, and pair it with thunderstorms, snow/wind, or one of those with soft jazz music) when I write, and if I don’t feel like sleeping in my room, I’ll keep the TV on and fall asleep on the couch. The sounds are soothing.

2 Likes

When I am taking a nap, soothing Lo-fi music seems to make me sleep really nice, even epic music does the same thing too!

1 Like

i fall asleep to youtube videos mostly. usually emkay or ezpz (reddit meme channels) since they post every day and i know all the narrators by voice so there’s an element of familiarity that makes it easier to relax.

recently if i want to wind down and i’m not already on the verge of sleep i’ve been putting on the Bee and Puppycat soundtrack, or Bee and Puppycat itself. it’s basically the same as putting on lo-fi except again with the element of familiarity.

2 Likes

Why is everything whitewashed now? (No, I’m not talking about appealing to “white people”, I mean in the sense that everything is sameish, clinical, and sanitized with no character or originality).

1 Like

Huh?

1 Like

I thought this was in another thread :joy: ! “What’s On Your Mind?” My bad!

1 Like

Wow. LOL!

1 Like

Churro needs to learn to read thread titles before winning any Pulitzer Prizes :joy:

1 Like

:laughing: :sweat_smile:

1 Like