Some advice please and thank you!

These days I am writing, but not as much as I want to be.
So, most of the time I am napping or resting from my IV iron infusions which are zapping my energy and making me really tired.

Eventually, I will gain some energy towards the later days, but for now I am just trying to recuperate my strength the best way I can.

Yet I want to write even if a little bit, whether by hand or on computer.
I did journal, but that took a bit out of me.

So, got any advice for me, I know I can do some reading yet I am afraid I might fall asleep while reading.

Maybe I do have to just kick back and watch some television or something.
It’s said that getting tired and exhausted from Iron infusions is normal, so that good to know that I suppose.

Thoughts and feelings?

3 Likes

@alenatenjo

1 Like

Find sometthing written that you think is bad.

Rewrite it.

Done.

2 Likes

What do you mean by that?

1 Like

Have you ever seen an inconherently written story before online? Trying to rewrite it would be good practice.

2 Likes

No. I’m being honest.

1 Like

Oh I see. Don’t push yourself too hard. Inspiration is everywhere.

2 Likes

1 Like

Got any speech to text software on your phone or computer? You could lie on the couch and dictate your book while you rest. Very useful for people who don’t type. You should have something like that which came with Windows 11, I think, if you can find it on your computer. Hope you feel better soon! ( -.-)\(^◡^ )

2 Likes

Yeah, I believe I have that.

2 Likes

Well, when I’m getting my infusions or recovering from them, I do the following:

• write (because I write some weird ass shit when on infusions :joy:)
  • editing if my brain is feeling up to it
  • reading something easy
  • watching shows on my computer in bed that are easy to follow and don’t require much thought
  • sleep
  • get the local gossip from the nurses and other people in the room

Basically, if you don’t want to sleep, do something that doesn’t require too much brain energy and that you find “easy” or “relaxing”

And hey, if you fall asleep when doing something while reading or watching tv, you always have the option to go back to the last spot you remember :+1:

3 Likes

Thanks. Though I should really do writing sprints more often.

:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Wrow, nurses like to gossip, too? I thought only beauticians did!

3 Likes

And those older women in your neighborhood who see EVERYTHING and know EVERYTHING.

3 Likes

I swear I now know the life stories of everyone who is in the same room :rofl:

3 Likes