Struggling Writers’ Daily Den: rant, share, complain, ask, daily progress thing (Part 1)

HAHAHAHAHA! Have you ever written something so stupid and cringe, that it actually works?

3 Likes

I know this isn’t writing really, but I really do need to practice my typing skills.
:sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I’m actually enjoying writing something? Wtf! :open_mouth:

5 Likes

I have begun!

And by that I mean I opened a blank document and stared at it for 5 minutes straight. I forget how daunting it is to start a new project from page 1.

4 Likes

It’s exciting and scary at the same time, I agree!

3 Likes

That’s nice!

1 Like

I have 553 words so far, on chapter eight. My main character had a panic attack, passed out because of it and scared the dickens out of his doctor who will eventually become his mate.

1 Like

I am on my third chapter today lol.

1 Like

Heh, after Watty’s surprise announcement about sequels being a new genre, I spent the day breaking Lone Werewolf into two books, writing 2 500 words summaries (well, one was pretty much ready) and then writing a 750 and 500 words summaries for Raised by the Mafia. it’s busy work, but eh… I need it. Going to throw together a couple of queries for Raised next weekend, since I now have synopsis.

3 Likes

That’s the premise of anything that is a trainwreck. It’s supposed to encourage this reaction:

tumblr_owwyq2HFJh1u1ljrzo1_500

2 Likes

True, lmfao but this work is so stupid.

1 Like

If it’s so stupid I’m falling out my seat, it’s done well.

1 Like

What about grounded in reality, but kinda has surreal elements at the same time?

1 Like

As long as the surreal is funny, it fits the trianwreck.

1 Like

Fair enough.

1 Like

hello

1 Like

Okay, edited a couple more episodes of Tangs #1, and it’s still hanging 100 Engaged Readers below the cut off… and that will be it, because irrc it was featured last July, and that’s when it got most reads. I won’t gather the necessary 100 more readers before the featured stuff drops off.

Other than that, my plan for today is reading and starting on the next chapter of the thirsty fiction for Radish. Plus, yes, it’s back to work… Where oh where can I get readers?

3 Likes

Also, still can’t finalize the name for my British villain romantic rival. I can’t have any names starting with H or A, so Hugh and Alistair are out, and Edward wouldn’t work because there’s a namesake. I’m thinking James or Jacob… Miles? Ewan?

2 Likes
Top list 2000

Jack, Thomas, James, Joshua, Daniel, Harry, Samuel, Joseph, Matthew, Callum, Luke, William, Lewis, Oliver, Ryan, Benjamin, George, Liam, Jordan, Adam, Alexander, Jake, Connor, Cameron, Nathan, Kieran, Mohammed, Jamie, Jacob, Michael, Ben, Ethan, Charlie, Bradley, Brandon, Aaron, Max, Dylan, Kyle, Reece, Robert, Christopher, David, Edward, Charles, Owen, Louis, Alex, Joe, Rhys

Callum or Rhys(Reece) are what I think of as British-centric names.

THOMAS, JAMES, JACK, DANIEL, MATTHEW, RYAN, JOSHUA, LUKE, SAMUEL , JORDAN, ADAM, MICHAEL, ALEXANDER, CHRISTOPHER, BENJAMIN, JOSEPH, LIAM, JACK, WILLIAM, ANDREW, GEORGE, LEWIS, OLIVER, DAVID, ROBERT, JAMIE, NATHAN, CONNOR, JONATHAN, HARRY, CALLUM, AARON, ASHLEY, BRADLEY, JACOB, KIERAN, SCOTT, SAM|, JOHN, BEN, MOHAMMED, NICHOLAS, KYLE|HAYLEY, CHARLES, MARK, SEAN, EDWARD, STEPHEN, RICHARD, ALEX, PETER, DOMINIC, JOE, REECE, LEE, RHYS, STEVEN, ANTHONY, CHARLIE, PAUL, CRAIG, JASON, DALE, ROSS, CAMERON, LOUIS, DEAN, CONOR, SHANE, ELLIOT, PATRICK, MAX, SHAUN, HENRY, SIMON, TIMOTHY, MITCHELL, BILLY, PHILIP, JOEL, JOSH, MARCUS, DYLAN, CARL, ELLIOTT, BRANDON, MARTIN, TOBY, STUART, GARETH, DANNY, CHRISTIAN, TOM, DECLAN, KARL, MOHAMMAD, MATHEW, JAY, OWEN, DARREN

It is interesting that Ashley is becoming a bit more of a guy’s name, again.

Really, it reads like “most Englishcentric names ever”, to me.

Owen, Oliver and Callum are good ones…

1 Like