Struggling Writers’ Daily Den: rant, share, complain, ask, daily progress thing (Part 1)

Except they have to have problems. I actually rarely see sunshine characters on WP as leads.

2 Likes

Julio is endearing in a weird way.

1 Like

I’m not thinking 24/7, but more along the lines of s perfect moment, then diving into hell, but more as testing the waters, to see if it works well.

But then I don’t do a lot of that myself.

2 Likes

I just got the most amazing comment on my fanfic. It’s this type of energy that keeps me writing. (And adds to my guilt that I haven’t updated book 2 in a year).

I just hope one day I can get as much love for my original stories. Is it possible to recreate the fandom craze?

I feel like this needs to be celebrated.
You’re damn right I’m going to brag because I’m proud and after everything that’s gone on today in RL, I really needed this.

I should frame this baby

I wish wattpad had the option to vote on all chapters at once because this story needs all the support it can get. Honestly at the beginning I was just intrigued because a ROTG, Frozen, Merlin and Harry Potter crossover is extremely unheard of, strange even but I would never regret the choice of reading this story, when I first started to read it I just could not stop it’s crazy how addictive your writing is. Really, I wonder if you have posted it on ao3 yet, because if you didn’t you totally should, i think this story really needs more recognition. Your imagination and creativity is remarkable, i can’t even try to imagine how much brain it’d take to include that much creatures, cannon facts and the personalities too, i’m utterly impressed. Like i wish i could write as much as i want to but i really don’t know how to express my gratitude for you writing this book you know? It’s so amazing.

The relationship dynamics are great, the way you write jack frost bro, first of all he’s the main reason why i read this and also because you recommended it to me after reading the lucifer and jack frost crossover :sob: but like bro, the way you write him to think like a child is so realistic and not bad at all, i can feel like his emotions through his 12 years old eyes an everything. It’s so great how you made him to be so like himself but younger. You really nailed the way everyone interacts with everyone, i like how jack isn’t besties with harry and his train of thoughts behind that. And also how merlin affects the story, it’s amazing.

Usually on wattpad there’s a lot of stories with added characters that just replace some piece of dialogue and aren’t that important to the storyline but you, my friend, know how to make place for your characters. The way the story changes once merlin and jack are introduced to them, it’s a talent really. Though i wish jack could’ve taken place in some of Harry’s doings by accident or something.

though the fact that he didn’t doesnt even feels disappointing you know? So much things happen in your story and they all feel in the right place, you’re so amazing i can’t find the words. I literally finished your first and second book in like 4 days and i’m very excited for the rest though i do not want to pressure you. Also the way Elsa’s mindset changes over time, it’s mind blowing if i could i’d love to forget about this book just to binge it again, i fell in love bro​:disappointed::muscle::bangbang:

5 Likes

Oh wow! I would’ve downright cried had someone said that about a story like mine :sob: That’s so sweet of them to say, and it sounds like you’ve seriously earned every word in that comment!!

4 Likes

Congrats on that.

If I opened it I’d be slightly intimidated at first. You know…“Someone read my stuff and just txtwalled mah stuff!” As much as I generally don’t worry, it’s because I’m intending to be laid back. Addressing “under pressure speech” ain’t that.

But everyone likes being understood and appreciated, no?

3 Likes

I guess there’s always a risk when opening the comments but so far I’ve been very lucky and didn’t get any haters.

2 Likes

It’s really because I have a negative streak that I refuse to let get too vocal and run ripshod over.

I have been staring at a blank page for [checks] a week

3 Likes

I feel that. It’s been about a week for me also!

3 Likes

Tis a little annoying, huh :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

A little bit!

Do you know what you want to do next, but don’t know how to go about it?

3 Likes

Aww, that’s so sweet!

2 Likes

Yes. I know exactly what happens but writing it just isn’t working :joy:

3 Likes

My work has charity books, crafts and baking sale, so I asked if I can print out a few short stories as booklets and offer it. They said yes, so I edited my older 4K words story and fought with Word formatting to make a booklet from it. The idea is 3 different short stories with last page given to a short preview of one of my novels with Wattpad link. Because, I swear, I am at the point of starting to give out my short stories with links on bus stops and airports as free reading material with a button ‘support you local artists’!

4 Likes

Oh dear xD I think at that point, you just pick a starting place and wing it and see what happens. Well, that’s what I’m going to try to do with my own book sometime here soon if I keep drawing a blank!

3 Likes

Good luck to both of us :joy:

2 Likes

Yes! Sounds like we need it rn :joy:

2 Likes

You know what. Maybe it would work? Go for it.

1 Like

Probably not. People would just think it’s religious crap lit.