Struggling Writers’ Daily Den: rant, share, complain, ask, daily progress thing (Part 2)

I had a bit of an epiphany. Huh…

So it’s a series? I think it’s a series…
It wouldn’t require a lot of changes to make that work. Mostly changing names, etc. That way I could focus on one specific story for the second book.

Hmmm. Certainly something to consider.

6 Likes

I’ve come to the realization about my Alagossia stories.
I have a strong liking towards knights and royals and rich people doing somewhat unexpected things.

I can’t escape this! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Exactly. Over all my chapters it’s a few hundred comments. If I respond to all of them, it might help the algorithm but I’m not doing anything else with my life. I wonder if she’d notice if every day I responded to a random sample, over weeks… is a steady trickle better than a sudden burst?

3 Likes

I saw this discussion and it’s one where I too am largely clueless about the trope-based tags. I hope to sit down with someone who knows my story and who knows Wattpad to brainstorm.

2 Likes

How do you all feel about love stories that end in the friendzone?

4 Likes

When you want to make changes to a story you are heavily into at the moment, yet you want to wait a while since you are deep into the story, but the changes are staring you in the face.

I am talking about The Breakers.

1 Like

Cheated. Some people will feel cheated.

2 Likes

i need a name for the “good vampires society” and i’m drawing blanks. all i know is it has to have ‘society’ in it and be official-sounding.

2 Likes

Happy cake day to my favorite cat in glasses!

3 Likes

Orden Ogan made a whole album about a post-appcalyptic weird west with vampires and other things that bump in the night. A Western Cowboy style sort of theme would be very unexpected and unique for a vampire clan. Perhaps, Pinkerton’s Society of Moral Bloodsuckers? Leech-men For Human Rights? El Dorado’s Chosen? Something strange and memorable.

3 Likes

I have done that before, but it was between a man and a lesbian.

1 Like

hm, interesting idea

1 Like

I think it would depend on the mood of it, for me. If the MC is content with it, then I’ll probably feel content, too, but I expect an emotional rollercoaster along the way!

1 Like

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I still don’t know what the cake means. Where did it come from? What powers does it possess?

2 Likes

Good Vampire Society sounds awesome. I know, not cool but very catchy. It would make for a good title too.

4 Likes

It certainly is. I had a different reason for the rollercoaster before but it kept rubbing me the wrong way and I finally realized that if the reason for the drama is being put in the friend zone, it still achieves the same result but simplifies a whole lot of other issues.

I wasn’t happy with the “happily ever after” for the love story either. It felt a bit forced and I think this is much more natural for where the characters are.

So my MC is feeling heartbroken after this but really, it had to happen.

Good point. I think this would certainly sway me away from the plan if this story was a romance, but the love story is just a subplot.

You know, a realistic outcome. Like should she stop being a lesbian for him? That’s not how it works.

4 Likes

Disappointed. Unless it’s ace/aro

1 Like

Society for Sensible Sanguinity
Society of Enlightened Vampirology
Society of Alternative Afterlife Affirmation
Society for Blood Exchange Cooperation

3 Likes

lol it doesn’t quite fit the style i’m going for but i could see a book named Good Vampire Society :rofl:

1 Like

chef kiss sounds like memes, beautiful.

2 Likes