Struggling Writers’ Daily Den: rant, share, complain, ask, daily progress thing (Part 2)

Is Tapas great for newbies?
I ask because I want to give it a shot.

3 Likes

Finished my NaNoWriMo story. Now I’m back to my Rat Girl story!

I had to remind myself what exactly was going on and jotted down dialogue and plotted it all the way to the climax. I’m nearly there. I think it came out as a nice little contrast to the other New Soleil book with the ending.

Just not sure about the hoorah of character deaths at the end there.

5 Likes

No different than any other place tbh, but it has the latest updated feature and scheduling feature, so that’s nice.

3 Likes

Cool.
Thanks for answering.

3 Likes

Good example. In that case, there should have been a major conflict if she dumped him for his brother.

I can still see that story work out as long as that conflict was addressed but also if the author gave a compelling reason why the brother was a better match.

So the idea was okay but execution wasn’t.

2 Likes

I suppose, the Creators which I have often spoke of in The Endurlon, could be such Eldrich Abominations without the Evil part. Their true form I have not revealed, just what they became to heal the hurts that their children did to Arillion. I have thoughts for their true form (a revealing of it happens to the end of the tale), but what they will look like… I still do not know…

But A Great Dragon, a Huge Deer-like form with Crystalized Antlers of Pure Energy, and a Water Creature with a look of a Shrimp crossed with a Toad and some fifty feet tall is how they are revealed in this time of crisis.

SD

2 Likes

That’s the mysterious beauty of Eldritch Abominations. You can look at them at be like “what the fuck am I looking at or OH MY GOD! WHAT THE FUCK AM I LOOKING AT?” then die or go crazy.

1 Like

Okay, now I’m disturbed all over again. (╯︵╰,)

But on the up side, I think I know what my next book is going to be about. I just have to transpose it to some kind of fantasy or alternate reality setting. ¯\_(ﭢ)_/¯

2 Likes

Guess so far as they read it on Wattpad, Florida is okay!

2 Likes

Zlibary:

That is the hard part of deciding on how they look…

Do I go with “Ahhhhh! Fucking Hell! I’m loosing my mind!” or do I go with “AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! FUCKING HELLLLLLLLL!” Then brain activity ends…

SD

2 Likes

Sometimes, it is a mishmash of words on how you think you can describe such an entity. The mind and the eyes can comprehend what lies before it. It doesn’t register.

To explain to a reader, you might have to think outside of your comfy box or something.

:sweat_smile:

Oh, yeah… That place…

Outside the comfy box is where I live… I will find something in time, but as for now I’m being dimensionally torn between many forms and their size… I’m leaning towards Jellyfish and other watery creatures with elements of dusty secondary imaging phasing within their structures. Like what you are seeing is still not what they are…

SD

1 Like

Here is some slight help for you on these matters:

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/YouCannotGraspTheTrueForm

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EldritchAbomination

Try your luck with some bit of inspiration from these, if you can.

Thank you kindly!

SD

1 Like

No problem.

Mainly focusing on reading today. :innocent:

2 Likes

I just got back from Taekwondo class. Man am I tired

2 Likes

do any other students here find it just a little frustrating to switch between fiction writing where you need to employee things like subtlety and show-not-tell and letting the reader figure things out on their own, to academic writing where you have to guide the reader by the hand through everything step-by-step like they’re idiots.

like the adjustment from assuming your audience is at least moderately intelligent to assuming they need labelled instructions to put the square peg through the square hole trips me up sometimes.

5 Likes

Dan Brown never does that, or Grisham, and their books are huge. I think for those who come to writing from a different background and are not born with a creative genius of a general fiction writer who can tell an immersive story about someone eating a bowl of cereal, it’s important not to cross the wires too too much, but let our strength work for us.

2 Likes