Struggling Writers’ Daily Den: rant, share, complain, ask, daily progress thing (Part 2)

I am done with part 1’s chapter 1 of Jiord and the Asakala Voyage.
I am at 4031 words and I am tired.

2 Likes

:open_mouth: That’s true! I didn’t even think of it like that. :grin: That really helped actually. Thanks. :sunflower:

1 Like

I haven’t visited this space in a while.

How is everyone doing?

I’m frustrated with real life and writing life and everything in general at this point.

You know how there are times when you think you’re doing a good job and you pat yourself on the back but then others are there to point out all the things you aren’t doing well and you have this Why do I even try crisis?

Yeah, it’s like that but with everything in life.

At least there are still cats. They’re cute no matter what.

4 Likes

Meh. Still a bit foggy, but whatever.

2 Likes

Its Domi’s main posting. Ive not seen her in a while. Since Im one to duck out for quiet, I dont think much of it, but it has been a bit.

2 Likes

I’m going to rewrite Overlord’s first chapter ever to read more closely as a traditional fantasy novel.

No more light novel, only heavy novel from now on!

4 Likes

I think I’ve seen her post an update on WP so she might be taking a break. A break is good every once in a while.

4 Likes

Have you ever checked out this site for fantasy and sci-fi writers? I’ve only just now heard of it, but I’m thinking of writing some kind of fantasy next, and it looks like it might be useful…

5 Likes

Oh my gosh, it’s been along time since I’ve posted in here
How is everyone doing?

1 Like

No. Never heard of it.

Thanks so much.

3 Likes

me when i have to put effort into editing instead of just typing the words that are already on the page: >:(

3 Likes

I am not going to stress about the writing since I am dealing with stuff and my mind isn’t there yet. So, I am going to do something else with my time rather than concern myself with the fact that I am not writing or planning or doing anything related to my story.

I am not in a rush and I will revisit Jiord and the Asakala Voyage when I am ready to.
I am thinking about doing a FINAL/NEW remake to Red Reign, only this time EVERYTHING will change and be brought to a new light with a BRAND NEW MC and more.

Over and out!

3 Likes

Ok, mostly.

still not done this chapter booooooo

2 Likes

okay, now it’s done. I’m excited for the next chapter though, it has angst :wisp_smirk:

1 Like

Zelda BOTW stole my soul for like a week because the sequel is out and I didn’t write a thing for like a week and a half. Getting back into it and continuing to write my ONC which, now that ONC is over, will be a novel.

Speaking of, I actually have someone reading/voting actively on my chapters! It makes me happy and at the same time, I feel like, should I leave a comment thanking them for their support even though they’re a “lurker”? I don’t want to scare them away. :laughing: I’m scared of scaring them away haha

3 Likes

Same. Editing is painfulllll. :weary:

1 Like

Ooh, bookmarking this! :star_struck:

1 Like

Zelda has taken over my life. I have to pry my hands away to do real life things and so writing hasn’t really been happening. :laughing: Just started doing a little editing today to “get back into it” and it’s the usual, “Why do I do this, it’s pointless bc I suck” and then the, “BUT IT’S SO AMAZING IN MY HEAD, if only I can get the darn stupid thing in my head outside of it in the same quality!” (sigh)

4 Likes

So, Red Reign makes a comeback in a new light.

Jiord and the Asakala Voyage shall return with new chapters 1-3, since I’ve did some good tweaking.

There is another third story focusing on a female monarch with immense magical powers who brought calamity to the world is reincarnated as a female academy student wanting to restore her family’s legacy and hone her magic skills, but also build a major reputition in her school and the nation overall.

I shall call the third story “The nobody who became the promised queen” and I am totally ripping off Isekai anime/manga/reincarnation webtoons/manhwa/manuha. LOL!

2 Likes