Struggling Writers’ Daily Den: rant, share, complain, ask, daily progress thing (Part 2)

What is te problem?

Good :smiley:

1 Like

bit overstimulated, i think :fired_up:

Good! :dancer: :man_dancing:

1 Like

You or the story?

1 Like

both :melting_face: lol

are you writing Remiel today?

1 Like

No Remiel is still being structured why?

1 Like

It doesn’t for me? I had only been doing it fairly recently, since last ONC/Watty editing season. I guess I don’t use odd names, so it helps.

1 Like

can’t remember the name of the wolfie character rn so Remiel’s the only one i can ask about

1 Like

Remiel - Musician

Pissy (Christian/Chrissy) - Wolfie

1 Like

huh, unfortunate

i guess it’s been a couple years since i used it… but it was fun listening to it try Spanish xd

why u call him pissy

1 Like

Because he acts pissy and he is a piss stain to the other characters.

2 Likes

That makes sense.

I mean I am already reading the One Piece manga digitally and watching the anime that I don’t need physical copies of the manga. I might have to stick to something on the small or slightly small side.

There are the webtoons that I want to read physically, but like the manga I am reading it digitally.

Also, sorry for the late reply.

1 Like

Names!

And there are words it never gets right like “read” or “lead.”

I still use it though.

1 Like

I’ve gone back to editing that chapter again! Haaalp! :sob:

On the bright side, I think I’ve got it now. It feels right. :laughing:

3 Likes

I’ve finally finished reading The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, and though I didn’t cry a lot, I was still moved by it deeply. Such a masterpiece. It’s one of those books that makes me go “bravo, bravo” in my head as I read it, because the command of language is simply immaculate. It’s giving me motivation to write, too :weary:

I can now move onto the next book on my rather long irl TBR. According to the list on my personal thread, my next read shall be The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, but I shall save that for Halloween. That’ll be the book I’ll read on October 31st. I was supposed to do that last year but, uh, stuff happened and I couldn’t finish it in one day :sweat_smile:

Instead I’ll go and read Tess of the D’Urbervilles next. I bought it at a store that sells used books because it was a classic book, cheap, and in great condition… then I found the previous owner’s name written on the front page in marker, after I’ve bought it. Oh well. I don’t like owning books that have other people’s names written on them. My plan is to read that book quickly and then get rid of it, either by selling it back to that used bookstore—if I can—or by donating to the public library nearby.

I should read published books more often. Or just read more, in general. I noticed that my writing—or how I write in my head, at least—changes somewhat after I read a book. Not that I aim to copy a person’s style, oh no. It’s just that sometimes people write in a certain way and you think about applying part of their technique in your own writing. Other people’s works make me think of how I write my own sometimes. Luckily I’m on a hiatus from my “internet strangers” Discord account, that should allow me more time to read and blaze through my irl TBR.

5 Likes

Still struggling to write. I’m fighting the empty feelings of having no purpose to write. I could write 100k worth of story in 3 months for a contest, because there was a set reason for it. Now that it’s just writing for fun, I don’t feel the same drive to finish a story. So trying to find a purpose to give me motivation.

3 Likes

That’s part of my problem right now, too. And I need to finish the 1st draft on one of my long stories before NaNo because I’ve waited too long to get it done.

But I have the added burden of it’s finally cool enough to get heavy housework done, and I’m way behind with 3 kids, and my normal lazy self.

I don’t think I’m getting much writing done the next week or so. This past week has been next to nothing.

And it’s just the typical ADHD inability to finish a task that is chunking this to hell and back.

2 Likes

I did some little updates to my project last night, some edits.

Even though I didn’t add anything to the later chapters, I’m happy to see the early ones are more polished. Writing the later chapters is easier when I feel good about the first ones. It’s like my foundation. It’s easier to build on top of it.

I had to change the chapter numbering method because it’s pretty annoying to have to update every chapter number if I split something up, etc. I don’t necessarily need numbers but I do use them for other purposes.

So now instead of chapter 1, 2, 3, I got 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, then, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, etc. The first number is the number of the sequence (I’m not working in acts but sequences instead). This way, if I have to add or split or move a chapter, I’ll only have to update numbers in that sequence, not all of them.

2 Likes
2 Likes

I usually read when I can’t find energy to write or feel down. It charges me up.

2 Likes