Struggling Writers’ Daily Den: rant, share, complain, ask, daily progress thing (Part 2)

Good, is my writing project, but better is starting part 4 and coming of with the title for the story.

Also, I cannot seem to jot things down either. When I get tired from hyper fixation, my goodness does it show…

2 Likes

I finished Part 4 of chapter 1 at 3301 words!

I am going to do part 5 either later today or tomorrow. I started part 4 and did not finish until I done with the part overall.

Geez, I just hyper-focused right through the thing! I need to move around now.
So, I have to gather up the trash to take to the dumpsters in the back of my apartment as a way of getting fresh air and to move around.

I got nothing else to say, though I am happy. There’s juicy stuff happening now and more to come!

:grin:

2 Likes

I joined scribophile. Haven’t posted anything yet. Still deciding whether this could be the best or worst decision ever lol :laughing: Been thinking about what to write for my next fanfic chap for like two weeks. Still thinking…

3 Likes

I finished part 5, chapter 1 and I started part 6 of chapter 1 earlier.
I have to go back to it.

2 Likes

I found this hilarious gem from 2018.

Loud and raspy, the caws rang out in the field.

No, I did not misspell “crows”. I thought I was being creative.

4 Likes

Done with Chapter 1’s Parts 1-7 at 20,708 words!

Aw, man! This is great for me!

I should setup each chapter with its own document.

Not pleased with having it all in one single document for some reason.

2 Likes

Sharing a glimpse of Between Roses’ ridiculous insanity. It’s one of my favorite parts.
Cheshire is this fifty-something chubby man wearing all pastel pink. Everet is this young guy in a white suit.

In the parlor, Cheshire was excitedly telling a story to Everet, making wide gestures and running in place. “And then, ho and lo the Pigling and the Bogronot went running upside and over my head and bam, bam, bam!” Cheshire made finger guns at the ceiling, “I didn’t get neither or both.”

“But the Bogronot?”

“Yes, you know how it does those, eh,” He paused to rub his mustache, “the wings in the ceiling side of the forest where he lies about himself. Yes, he lies about very cleverly, and I couldn’t see him at first, but I bam! Bammed him and found a wing and took to make myself a jolly good hat out of the bones and the tickles of the feathers.”

Everet grinned. “Reminds me of Caterpillar Jones’ collection, Cheshire. You know, the one he hangs on the upside of downstairs upside down?”

3 Likes

The more I hear about this story, the more I’d like to have a fighting game adaptation of it. The cast is very fun and diverse, which is something all fighting game lineups need.

2 Likes

lol, that would be cool XD Everet would definitely be the weakest. The moment he’s faced with someone slightly stronger than him, he starts whimpering. He’s the rabbit, after all :wink:

2 Likes

The obvious strategy for him is to play keep away, then. He’d have very low health but he’d slowly whittle down his opponent’s life bar and dodge attacks.

2 Likes

Hey, how about this? :grin: His only mode of attack is “spewing nonsense”.
He’ll whittle down their sanity bar XD

2 Likes

I am not done with chapter 2’s part 2, but I am getting to a pretty good spot in this part.

Also, WHY DO I HAVE SUCH A GOD DAMN HARD TIME JOTTING DOWN THE CHARACTERS’ NAME, WHAT SAID DOES ALONG WITH THEIR POSITION, AND OTHER IMPORTANT DETAILS ON PAPER FOR MUCH LATER!?!?!

3 Likes

You ever feel like you’ve “lost” the writing skill? Like you can’t get motivated and even when you do sit down, it’s like trying to march through the swamps with water up to your knees, slow, painful and not productive?

Not sure if weaning off anti-depressants is related. I’ve been off of them for a month after being on them for like 5 yrs, and I just can’t seem to WRITE! Even fanfiction. It’s kind of scary. I’ve had ups and downs in hyper focus, but to just feel so useless with something I’ve been doing since childhood… I hope it passes. :melting_face:

In the meantime, I’m on scribophile. Pros, I’ve had critique on one poem of mine, and I think it will be super helpful in the future. Cons, you have to “work” to get your writing critiqued by earning “karma” points. You get these by critiquing other people’s work, which is fair, but it feels like another job you’re doing for free. Beta reading a few chapters so you can “earn” posting only one of your pieces of writing for critique. Not quite sure it’s worth it yet… I don’t really have time to write as it is so to read through other people’s random chapters in an effort to get points? Def feels like I got a second job.

5 Likes

I need to stop editing and adding more insane things to Between Roses, but I had an idea of insanity and couldn’t help myself.
Previously,

“Yes, your Highness? Is something wrong?”

And now,

“Yes, your Highness? Fiddle-me-do. Is something wrong?”

It does connect to the swear word he eventually says when he’s not crazy :stuck_out_tongue:

Everet gave a little laugh. “If you call this your world, I would be happy. Really, it can be nice here. But part of Underland,” He shook his head, “it’s not as beautiful as it used to be. And you would know, the Madness had already swallowed Underland whole. The White Queen won’t talk to any of The White Rabbit, and we tried to get her to talk to her sister, but none of that. The Red Queen is stubborn, as you are quite familiar with. No matter what Cheshire might say, I believe the Jabberwocky had her had.” He sighed and frowned. “I would kill the Jabberwocky with my own teeth if I had to.”

Ugh, the insanity. Why teeth, Everet? XD

The thing with Eryn first meeting Everet, it’s her first glimpse into insanity. He’s quite normal until he suddenly says something that’s not. Also, he did just severely info-dump on her which isn’t helping with her own sanity :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes
2 Likes

I shall return back here to state my progress with the story.
I need to complete part 2 of chapter 2 then move on to part 3, chapter 2.

2 Likes

I am going to work on Project Knight and Project Merellien more so tomorrow.

Right at the moment, I am working on Project Knight.

I am slowly realizing that all I truly need to get started was to jot down the character’s names and their goals. Anything else is way too much for me to stay focused.

I don’t need a lot and that is perfectly alright.

EDIT: I’m taking a nap till dinner is ready…

2 Likes

No, seriously. I can’t write. What the heck is wrong with me?

I’ve been fighting with this one chapter in a fanfic back and forth. I never feel like I have the time to really sit and get “into the zone.” And I still have a broken laptop so I’m writing in an annoying position connected to an external screen at a desk, and can’t move. :sob:

On the bright side, I got some really amazing feedback on the edited prologue of my completed novel (first draft). It made me feel like wow, this is something people might actually like! I should continue editing it!

And I just… I can’t… It does feel like a metal block or fog. :thinking:

3 Likes

Do you think you should take a break?

3 Likes

There’s nothing wrong with you. I get like that too! Just issues of a bigger problem we are forced to deal with.

When you are ready to write and just go with the flow, you will. It’s like when you force yourself to do the things you like doing, it will feel like a chore. You have to let it happen naturally, since just doing it is not the same as letting work its way to slowly/surely happening.

Does that make sense? If not, then I apologize in advance.

2 Likes