Struggling Writers’ Daily Den: rant, share, complain, ask, daily progress thing (Part 2)

Everyone are we gonna make a nano group on nanowrimo?

4 Likes

I am done with chapter three of Red Reign. I love every minute of it too.
I am going to start chapter four later and this will focus on the Knighthood Federation after suffering a loss due to my MC.

I am at 2469 words for chapter three.
The characters are so mean and straightforward towards my MC. I love it so much.
And my MC just keeps whimpering and crying because of the way her life turned out and stuff. I am going to have to let her character grow up and stop crying so much over the course of the story. She needs to toughen up a bit because she isn’t living the same life anymore. She isn’t some sheltered princess anymore. That can come as the story progresses.

Nothing else to report.

2 Likes

It’s not that related to jail anymore hence the name change. It’s basically a crime family heiress trying to take a racing franchise from someone who just inherited said franchise/another mob family. Rival families with proteges that inherited them. A rivals to lovers thing. The families are the Gloxinias (aka Gloxis) and the Blaze family. If that helps. :smiley:

1 Like

Off Topic: Lower back is hurting me so I am going to lay down.

On Topic: Worked a bit on chapter four of Red Reign. So, there’s that.

2 Likes

[insert banging head on the keyboard noises]

4 Likes

What happened?

2 Likes

To think that I could’ve finished XX by now :ragejoy:

So I was joining a voice chat in my piano club’s Discord server, and I asked one of my friends if she would watch my stream if I streamed me writing (she had seen snippets of my writing before). She said she would, but not that night, since it was about a handful of hours past midnight already :ragejoy: we just stayed in the voice chat to listen to this other friend play piano in a music building on campus.

An hour passes and then I tell her that had I started my stream, I would’ve finished a whole chapter already. Cue a string of kekw and crying kekw emotes. We didn’t expect that he’d still be playing till 6:30 a.m., and yes we did stay the whole stream because we were both like “we might as well be there until the very end” :ragejoy:

Now it’s a much more reasonable time and I might start my writing stream now. Or later. I’ll see :ragejoy:

2 Likes

I am done with chapter 4 of Red Reign! Woot! Woot!
I made this chapter shorter than the others at 1996 words, but that is alright with me.
I was in the zone with this chapter.

Now, onto chapter 5 tomorrow because your girl is tired.
I like chapter four too, but it is back to Nixora and the rest of the member of Red Reign.

Yes, I am moving along smoothly!
Nothing else to report other than I am tired.

Still, nothing happening with my Renna novel, yet I still got time.
Also, I am thinking I should write my Renna novel in play format for the rough draft.

Time to rest now! Bye!

3 Likes

There’s been unforseen twist on top of unforseen twist to the point where it’s just a giant mess that a prince created when he was seven.

2 Likes

Well, the song lyric that is old as heck is:

Shot Down in a Blaze of Glory
https://youtu.be/QbJydnpB3_Q

But gambling at a race track would probably bring up some phrases to play with:
An exchange of bets
Gambler’s Strategy
Chalk Bettor
Circled Game
Anything with the word Double in it (Double bet, Double Action, Double Result)
Draw
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp/betting/2020/05/13/sports-betting-terms-definitions-gambling

And you may get more ideas in there.

So, The Mafia’s Draw would be a good one because the Mafia can’t win if they don’t own it, but they can’t lose if they marry in.

2 Likes

Has anyone just taken a sword and threatened to stab someone if they bring out yet one more revelation?

2 Likes

At this point, whatever is revealed, the evil threat still remains, so, they’re going to go and destroy that for now.

2 Likes

Well, you should reveal that it was all a part of the plan of the evil banana to send monkeys to the desert to starve to death. Trust me, nobody will see it coming.

2 Likes

Or the classic: it was all a dream :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Well, you are basing it off the Nutcracker, no?

1 Like

https://www.salon.com/2014/12/24/the_nutcrackers_disturbing_origin_story_why_this_was_once_the_worlds_creepiest_ballet/

1 Like

Nope :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Hmmm

1 Like

Thanks, but I don’t have writer’s block or anything.

Just going to send the characters out at night for an ambush on a monster.

2 Likes

Yaaay! Happy!

2 Likes