Struggling Writers’ Daily Den: rant, share, complain, ask, daily progress thing (Part 2)

Fingers crossed for you! I know you fight so hard!

2 Likes

Thank you. Yep, I keep on fighting.

2 Likes

WP doesn’t filter these out? I’m surprised they don’t have some spam filtration algorithm to catch these.

I guess that’s why I write on Pixiv because guarantee I never have to worry about these. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I am going to have to do a few videos then combine them together the way most people do…I think.

My editing skills are absolute garbage or rather nonexistent which is a better thing to say.

So, I’ll learn as I grow, but for now I need to continue on making videos for my WriterTube channel.

I am happy and scared at the same time. :sweat_smile:

NOTE: NOTHING IS UPLOADED YET! I AM STILL IN THE PROCESS OF FIXING AND MAKING THINGS!

2 Likes

It’s a dm

2 Likes

Ugh. Those are the worst. Shame they can’t even filter from DM. Thought that would be the easiest to place some rules around. I still get a lot of filtered spam comments on my WN works. They don’t show on the novel publicly, but it’s annoying to see on my internal dashboards.

3 Likes

Yeah. Oh, well, I will survive.

Anyway, just low key writing and started a folder for potential smutty book for Radish. It’s actually nice…

3 Likes

Feeling the inkling to write a ceo BL novella in one sitting for Inkitt readers. Well, not that I’ll likely get readers on that site, but I’d do the story anyway.

2 Likes

Why not?

2 Likes

Started my short story ceo BL for Inkitt. I aim to finish it on the 15th. Prolly be around 25 - 50k in words. I’ve made it my NaNoWriMo entry, just for the hell of it.

3 Likes

Qualeshia, you’re crazy and should know full well that is too much work. Why make yourself suffer like this?

Five projects! FIVE PROJECTS! What are you thinking? Are you even thinking? LOL!

3 Likes

I am kinda going back and forth between putting Champion in Love on Inkitt for that NaNo contest entry, but their interface… the site itself… eh. Good luck though!

2 Likes

Llyria was never meant to be a planet. It was meant to be a child god…

I’ll leave you to wonder…

2 Likes

Imagine if Douglass Adams wrote House of Leaves.

1 Like

Ooh, a long day… I usually try to write in the evening, but I am falling asleep. So I just finished reading I had to do, and gonna call it a day.

2 Likes

Off Topic: If I were to eat Korean food (never had it in all honesty), which meal might be good to try for the first time?

I honestly can’t eat anything with crazy amounts of calories/fat/sugar/sodium but I had weight loss surgery months ago. Still, I am curious to know what their different food taste like.

On Topic: Going to write…something. I’m not sure what yet. LOL!

Thinking about how nonconforming to the rules my story is makes me realize that if I asked experts how to fix it, they’d tell me to throw out a half of the book because I mixed too many genres and themes and all in there. And those are dangerous thoughts to have so I will need to put it aside and not touch it for a while. I just hope that when I pick it back up, I’ll still like it.

Thankfully, at least I finished the full draft this time. Almost. I’m finishing up the last scene. Hopefully, today it will be done.

I like the climax that I wrote. I had doubts for a while, wasn’t sure if I would be able to pull it off, but I was able to do several cool moments in there and came a full circle that I didn’t even plan.

But I can’t help but notice issues that will need addressing. For example, a new character is introduced at the midpoint that I think there should be some kind of a hint of existing prior.

And there’s still the problem of what exactly is this book about? It’s about several things but that’s not a good answer. I want to be able to pinpoint one specific thing this story is about and then make that shine when I edit it.

I was listening to a podcast recently, an interview with a published author. He wrote a book and sent it out to agents. Rejection after rejection. Finally he got some feedback, “Cut all the sci-fi stuff and turn it into contemporary and send it to me again.” He did, and he loved how great the book came out and it got published and did well.

And I’m afraid that I would have to do the same with this book because there’s a lot going on that I think muddles the waters. But I don’t want to! Why can’t one book have a little bit of everything? Why can’t it be satisfying in several different ways?

I don’t know, maybe I should treat this project as my guilty pleasure. I never had huge hopes for it as far as getting rich or famous off it. :laughing: After all, it was my first serious original project. Trying to make it perfect for the market might be pointless. I have other projects waiting to be written that are easier to fit into one bucket.

3 Likes

I think my Lone Werewolf is like that. And some other books. It’s trying to do too many things, so it’s hard to figure out what it’s even about. I dunno. Writing a book with lots of linkages is fun, but it’s likely really hard to read.

1 Like

I need 5k to catch up with my NaNo quota :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s hard to read. I like it when a story scratches more than one itch.

The problem is with selling it. How do you pitch it? How do you market it to agents/publishers who are only interested in the bottom line which is clear-genre fiction?

Publishers are more picky than readers are. Which is why I will most likely self-publish it anyway.

2 Likes