Struggling Writers’ Daily Den: rant, share, complain, ask, daily progress thing (Part 2)

Oooh it’s like that occasionally for me :eyes: in my case when I feel like writing, it usually doesn’t matter what I’m writing, as long as it’s words :joy:

Rather instead of prose vs poetry, it’s writing and graphic designing that compete instead :eyes: my graphic rolls and writing rolls rarely overlap, if at all :thonk:

3 Likes

Fantasy?

Generally, I’ve used 3 sizes of dwarfs: half-height, almost humans height, and built like a square. There are smaller hominids but they are things like Gnomes.

1 Like

Can fantasy dearves get dwarfism?

I’m the same way – most types of writing fit into the same creative box for me, while art lives in a separate part of my brain. I always switch between art and writing phases. I think having two main creative hobbies that you can alternate is nice though, it gives one time to recharge each hobby while still having something else to do.

3 Likes

I think I can tackle writing now because earlier was annoying.
My eyes were so tired that I didn’t think I would be able to get any type of writing done. I rested up for a bit and now the only thing I want to give me issues is that fact that I’ve been typing for too long and it is starting to affect my writing a bit.

Nothing else to report.
:blush:

1 Like

Hopefully it gets better. It should as they get older. I can’t say I’ll understand what you’ll be experiencing. But as a once trouble teen myself, I can sympathize now from my parents’ perspective, being older. I was a total brat, but most of it was because of identity crisis.

I hope she reaches an understanding to make life easier for the both of you. You’re a good person, and I’m sure you’re every bit a good parent. So hang in there, but try not to burn yourself out. :people_hugging:

3 Likes

No writing. Just making quote tweets and planning for my works future. Hopefully, there is one.

2 Likes

There will be, against all odds, life goes on.

1 Like

Are you wanting something smaller than a dwarf? What about a gnome, brownie, sprite, pixie or leprechaun?

As far as real life dwarves with dwarfism, here’s one from the middle ages, but he seems to be pretty rare. However, in fantasy anything is possible, eh? ¯\_(ﭢ)_/¯

1 Like

No, a Dwarf that is small even by Dwarf standards. What would that even look like?

1 Like

Ah. Then I’m guessing they’d look exactly like every other dwarf except half the size but proportionately the same…? I dunno! *ponders it*

1 Like

I wanna say “homunculus”, but I am not so sure.

2 Likes

Homoculous are alchemical humans

1 Like

There’s many types of human dwarves so dwarf dwaves might be similarly diverse-unless they are too small to thrive for long.

1 Like

True.

You’re trying to figure out what is smaller than a dwarf, correct?
Is there such a thing?

2 Likes

I do what I want…seriously.

I want to write my chapters out of order. I can’t be bothered, and this is just a zero draft.

2 Likes

If this is for a fantasy novel you could always have a magical being put a curse on the dwarf, and thus the dwarf becomes smaller. Or does it have to be the result of a genetic factor in order for your story to work?

2 Likes

Why, oh why are you so complicated Demetrius?
HERE WE GO AGAIN WITH THIS SHIT!!!

:rofl: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m so happy to be writing again even if I’m just rewriting. Then again, I’ve rewritten new scenes and added on to others. Progress is going really well. Maybe I can finish rewriting before the year’s up?

Wishful thinking.

4 Likes

I was just thinking about fantasy races having similar genetic disorders to humans.

1 Like