Struggling Writers’ Daily Den: rant, share, complain, ask, daily progress thing (Part 2)

That’s what I am hoping for as well. There is only 2 completely new scenes left in my story but tons of rewriting.

1 Like

I have finally finished writing XXI! It ended up being just three words shy of 3000. I nearly hit the hard cap there :sweat: I managed to fit in everything I wanted, including that scene in the end where my protagonist receives a text regarding his mentor’s birthday present. Now onto XXII, aka the birthday chapter!

What a coincidence considering the date today :joy:

Also, I managed to post a new sonnet. I might post more today if I manage to complete Act I before December 9 :eyes:

2 Likes

If they are hominids, sure. Dwarfism is the shortening of arms and legs beyond their standard, so yeah, it’s a possibility.

1 Like

The smallest proportional dwarfs are called primordial dwarfs, and they hardly grow any bigger than a 6 year old child. In other homonids, would they be smaller or bigger of they had primordial dwarfs?

Imagine if Lightlark was a murder mystery a la Agatha Christie’s And Then There Were None:

I hear a lot about this. What is it even about and why is it so hated?

1 Like

Aww, I can only hope!

1 Like

I don’t even need to tell you, just imagine if a bunch of out of touch market researchers wrote a YA novel solely analyzing trends. Alex Aster is proof that it’s not who you know but what you know.

1 Like

So, it’s a bunch of terrible YA trends and cliches tossed into a box that is kicked around a so much that it becomes worse than what it already is? Is that what you are telling in a sense?

1 Like

Indeed it is.

1 Like

Ah, I see. Thanks for letting me know!

1 Like

Depends on what they mean by primordial.

" Therefore, Primordial Dwarfism is a class of disorders where growth delay occurs at the earliest stages of development ." It’s stunted growth, not automatically shortened limbs.

1 Like

Primoridal means that it happens in the womb and cannot be reversed.

Mostly. The world’s smallest dwarf became the tallest man. He was short enough to be primordial.

Today in vignettes:

Remits, beneficiary, invoice, “So, you’re writing political fiction?” “Oh god! I hadn’t thought of it that way! I think I am,” trivia on capitals of Pacific countries, identify the themes, camels eat boxwood because they’re stupid, “You’re a one-man army, you know?” Tesco sushi, Vanilla Coke, “I’ll go to the gay sauna with you,” from a communist standpoint xmas is cancelled, 10 hour workday, getting motion sickness trying to keep up with the news cycle, these papers need reviewing, time management how?

3 Likes

You sound like Patricia Lockwood. (>‿◠):v:

2 Likes

December ain’t over yet! We got this!

I hope… :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

So, I got good news and bad news.

The good news is that yesterday—which ended just a few minutes ago—I managed to update one chapter of my WIP and publish two sonnets! :partying_face: In addition to that, I also got some lovely votes and comments from people :face_holding_back_tears:

The not so good news is that I didn’t manage to finish Act I of BWT on the same day, had things going on :slightly_frowning_face: at least I can save that for Christmas! XD

I’ve also finished and delivered some code on my graphic shop here on Wacky, so that’s one other thing I’ve accomplished. I have one more request to complete on Wattpad too, but that one can be done later.

Alright, more than a week to write 8000+ words. That should be doable, although exams and family stuff may get in the way :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Lol I love her!

2 Likes

Gosh, me too!

I finally finished that chapter with the break up. In the novella, it was 900 words. Now it’s 3K words, lol. But that’s because I added a nookie and a new break up scene. In the initial novella they barely kissed, heh

I am kind of waiting with a weird fascination for the final word count for the redraft. So far I am at 62K. If I end at 72K, this means I added 50K to a 22K novella with the same exact plot.

3 Likes