Struggling Writers’ Daily Den: rant, share, complain, ask, daily progress thing (Part 2)

Hi. I passed the 72k mark and the story is still not done. This is my NaNo story.

Now I have foreshadowed something. When will it end? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Off Topic: After having a good heartfelt cry and conversation with my mother, I can finally see the signs clearly. I refuse to believe otherwise.
I now know that I have ADHD and it was strongly affecting my writing and overall lifestyle.

It is seriously sad and messed up how ADHD in women and girls are grossly overlooked as opposed to men and boys.

I know what is wrong with me and I can handle it.

On Topic: I was writing for a bit, but then distractions and other issues hit. Yeah, it all makes sense now.

Sorry to bombard you all with this.

2 Likes

I have a comorbidity with ADHD and I’m not surprised.

2 Likes

Really? You’re like me in a sense.
That is reassuring to know. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

All of my motivation/mojo to work on my prequel/edit my novel has flown the coop. Struggling to get into them lately. Burn out?

Re-reading some other novels I started writing/fanfic in an attempt to “get the spark back”? Cross your fingers for me. :pray:

3 Likes

I have it too! And I felt the same sense of relief. I agree about the women. My therapist told me she even has a client who was just diagnosed at 83 years old! It’s crazy how it’s completely missed during childhood but they’re diagnosing boys left and right.

Even now, I’m finding tik toks, memes, and tweets that make so much of what I thought was just me being broken/an inadequate human being, make sense. ADHD brains are no joke.

The upside is once you know what you have, you can learn to try and work with your brain. Up conditions to hopefully increase the chances of your brain doing what you want. Life hacks. Like I hate washing dishes. The tediousness makes me feel like gouging my eyes out. So, I either use paper plates or I give myself a timer like ok, I’m going to just wash what I can in 5 mins. That’s it. Or I put a YouTube video about something I’m interested in.

Bit of advice before you dive into the ADHD world, you can’t fix your brain. It’s just different. There are going to be days that no matter what you do, it’s not going to do what you want. And that’s ok. Learning not to feel guilty for your condition is another thing I’m practicing. I hope the diagnosis helps you. :sunflower: With writing and otherwise.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for that!
I’ve been believing in what I was told and practically lied to my whole life. It was incredibly disheartening to know that I could have gotten help for that, but I didn’t really see the signs at the moment.

I am so happy to know that I am not alone as I thought I was.
Thank you so much for saying that!

1 Like

I am actually grateful for mecha anime. I am still a fan for the Mobile Suit Gundam franchise.

It also made me love other mecha anime like Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion and some others.

I wanted to list Neon Genesis Evangelion, but that require patience and I am realizing that it isn’t mainly me, but rather the characters and how it screws with emotions.

NGE is amazing in its own right, but it isn’t a true favorite of mine.

I love mecha anime very much.

1 Like

Have you seen Getter Robo?

1 Like

Fingers crossed!

1 Like

I’ve might have heard of it. It does sound familiar.

1 Like

I can list the names of the different horror manga I’ve read by title.

Here are some recommendations for you, horror manga fans.

1. Drag-on Dragoon.
  2. Jinmen.
  3. Gantz.
  4. Apocalypse no Toride.
  5. Franken Fran.
  6. Shibuya Kingyo.
  7. Dragon Head.
  8. Cage of Eden.
  9. I am a Hero.
  10. Tokyo Dragon.
  11. Gajuu: The Beast.
  12. Kakukazoku.
  13. Aijin.
  14. Parastye.
  15. Tokyo Ghoul.
  16. Magical Girl Apocalypse.
  17. Gyo.
  18. Uzumaki.
  19. Kudan no Gotoshi.
  20. School-Live.
  21. Dorohedoro.
  22. Yajin.
  23. Fukujuu Toshi.
  24. Kiriko Kill and Kirito.
  25. Hakaijuu.
  26. Panademic.
  27. As the gods will.
  28. Mashira.
  29. Bokurano.
  30. Okitenemaru.
  31. Battle Royale.
  32. Fuan no Tone.
  33. Dolly Kill Kill.
  34. Green Worldz.
  35. Aphorism.
  36. Pupa.
  37. Litchi Hikari Light Club.
  38. Switch Witch.
  39. 7 Seeds.
  40. Pygmalion.
  41. Gringo 2061.
  42. The Collapse of the world as we know it.
  43. Some manga about giant chickens killing people.

There are more, but this is just the ones that I remember.

2 Likes

As a school-live mega-fan, I have cusors of the main cast and a wallpaper of Yuki, I reccomend it to people who just want something cute and dark

2 Likes

Somehow, I knew you were going to mention that particular manga. Never mind the other manga titles.

LOL!

2 Likes

I watched a video breakdown of the Live Action adaptation of As the Gods Will. It’s like if Squid Game was designed by the people who made those creepy McDonalds commercias on LSD.

2 Likes

I remember that live-action movie.
:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I remember hearing about Pupa, mostly how it was horrifically, viscerally disturbing to watch.

1 Like

You’re not talking about the anime, right?
The manga was WAY better than the anime in my opinion.

1 Like

I don’t doubt it, but I don’t know if I want to read about a sister eating her brother, if that still happens.

1 Like

Yeah, that happens. I think the manga has ended.

Then there’s some psychological manga that I’ve read that was just crazy to me as well.

1 Like