Tell me about the strange dreams you've had

Not as big as a Komodo dragon but quite something :open_mouth:

1 Like

With its feet, but it wasnā€™t hopping on them, it was pressing them down like we would with our fingers. Weird! ĀÆ\_(ļ­¢)_/ĀÆ

Hey, thatā€™s pretty cool! ā˜œ(Ė†ā–æĖ†c)

2 Likes

It was before I started really getting into watching videos online, so I think it is a testament to my wild imagination.

1 Like

Martial Arts isnā€™t usually a major in colleges so Exercise Science would be one.

1 Like

Probably something related to the martial arts, considering his proficiency in that

Donā€™t know if thereā€™s such a major, so I looked up majors that my former university offers :joy:
I think heā€™d be interested in Physical Exercise Education if he went to that uni

Exercise science sounds good too, seeing Botā€™s comment ^.^

2 Likes

America: Man vs Wild.

Australia: Camping.

3 Likes

I donā€™t remember anymore :joy:

I have a mental list but really wish I didnā€™t ;-;

2 Likes

Do those monitor lizards have a poisonous bite like Komodo Dragons or no?

The Australian goanna does have a poisonous bite (saliva) but it is not lethal to humans. The goannaā€™s teeth and claws are far more dangerous, and lashes from their tail can cause deep cuts (or broken bones in extreme cases). Goannas are quite strong for their size. Some goanna species grow to just over two-meters in length.* But attacks against people are rare and usually a defensive measureā€¦Donā€™t upset the large geckoā€¦Any wounds inflicted by a goanna should receive medical treatment to prevent infection.

2 Likes

Not always with a group of people, but sometimes I find myself going someplace with strangers, but in the dream theyā€™re friends or something.

It doesnā€™t happen much anymore, but I used to have dreams where I was another person entirely. Sometimes I was a man, sometimes a young girl, an old woman, someone from another country. Was really weird. I think it tied into me not having a fully-formed identity as those dreams appeared most in my adolescence. Now that Iā€™ve become an adult and have a grounded version of myself, that doesnā€™t happen much anymore. Though I do occasionally dream of strangers, or being apart of a group. I think it has more to do with the content of what Iā€™m watching and reading.

Same here! Iā€™m sometimes apart of an army, or group that has a plan to go somewhere or is motivated to do something.

For sure! Some of my dreams have made it into stories for sure, although I try to keep away from dreams during my baby-era. They were oftentimes extremely disturbing, and left me with a feeling I still canā€™t fully shake so I try not to think about it. But places, environments, and themes sometimes make it into there!

I have some theories. They were happening during a point in my life when a lot of things were changing. I was graduating high-school, had just quit my job of five years, and was about to start college. Lots of things were changing, and although by that point I had semi-assumed the role of an ā€œadultā€ (paying bills, contributing to rent, being very independent due to my living situation, along with having a stable amount of income and a really good job) I think I was terrified about actually inhabiting that role. I was no longer a minor, and I think I felt frightened by what that all meant.

In a lot of my dreams, the babies were either a background force (the clouds), they were a point of responsibility and fear of mishandling that responsibility (losing my baby), but most of the time they horrifyingly died.

I think it had something to do with the disturbing feeling of my childhood kind of dying away. It ties into my kind of wonky childhood and a lot of other personal things, but I kind of summed it up to it being a manifestation of those feelings.

Theyā€™ve stopped completely, thank god. Now if I ever dream of a baby, which is extremely rare, itā€™s a much happier dream which Iā€™m thankful for.

That is wild, dreams about death and apocalypses are never fun, but are kind of cool to analyze after the fact. Did you ever figure out why you had those dreams?

1 Like

Segments of last nightā€™s dream included watching a small business jet drift overhead flapping its wings like a humming bird, and later watching two small storm clouds get into a punch-up over a beach resort, sand-blasting all the cars in the parking lot. Then I awoke thinkingā€¦
giphy

2 Likes

Those probably poor students, blissfully unaware of the hell Goku is going to put them through.

Son Goku: What? You canā€™t lift a boulder three times your size? Why not? Iā€™ve been doing that since I was five.

The students: :fearful:

@NotARussianBot

3 Likes

I swear, the only normal person in Dragonballā€™s main cast is Son Gohan.

2 Likes

LMAO!

1 Like

Iā€™m in this weird art class with some friends from high school. Weā€™re supposed to draw what the teacher drew, but we have to do our own version of her art to impress her in order to move on to the next lesson. If we donā€™t impress her, we donā€™t even get to participate in the next lesson even though we paid for it.

But apparently, Iā€™ve been in this lesson for a while. Thereā€™s some newcomers from other countries. Mainly China. But thereā€™s one girl who comes next to me. Long black hair and looks Asian and sheā€™s got makeup on and really pretty. She looks really nervous, too. Thereā€™s a sense that some of the students there (between late teens to 30s) are there having escaped terrible situations in their countries.

Basically, theyā€™re being harbored by this art class teacher lady (who looks really mean and stuck up and strict, but is actually nice to escaped people). Thereā€™s a collective sense from the students there before the lesson that the teacher is ā€œa Karenā€. So, you can imagine what she looks like :sweat_smile:

Anyway, the girl next to me is speaking in Chinese? and then broken English. My friend next to me asks me to ask them where theyā€™re from and I say, ā€œwhere are you from?ā€ and the girl looks scared. She leans in close and at first I donā€™t know what sheā€™s whispered, and then I somehow understand her language (because thereā€™s suddenly subtitles on the ā€œscreenā€ as if Iā€™m also watching this movie). And then she switches to English and whispers, quietly, ā€œNorthā€¦Koreaā€ but in my head, or in the subtitles on the screen it says ā€œNorth Hong Koā€¦Koreaā€ as if she wanted to say Hong Kong and Korea at the same time.

My friend then says, ā€œSheā€™s from North Korea, so she doesnā€™t want to be found outā€ and I nod solemnly and then try to help her with the art project and try to make her have a good time because I know sheā€™s scared.

We both end up impressing the teacher with our versions of art that the teacher did. Itā€™s a leaf with a mountain and sun behind the mountain. We could use any medium we wanted and I thought Iā€™d try to stand out by using a real leaf and paints, but make the sun actually glow using a lightbulb? somehow like a mixed media drawing.

I know, nothing particularly weird and shocking about this dream, but no one who says they are from North Korea has ever appeared in my dream. Also, subtitles are quite unique.

3 Likes

lol XD

That is so interesting! :open_mouth: Itā€™s probably similar to me having ā€œrunning away from some terrible thingā€ dreams when I was in junior high and stressed from school :stuck_out_tongue: I donā€™t have those much anymore.

Iā€™m often super motivated XD The me in my dreams is so proactive. No one has to tell me to do things. I just know what to do. Sometimes, Iā€™m even leading people. In real life, Iā€™d be happy to follow.

Thatā€™s interesting how much what goes on in your life affects your dreams. Iā€™m the same way though. I used to have a lot of dreams taking place in a classroom or at a school, and sometimes involving classmates I liked or hated or were indifferent about. Nowadays, not so much. Very rarely.

And thatā€™s good the baby dreams you have now are happier :blush: But also interesting you still have dreams with babies in them. Iā€™ve only had two dreams in my life that I know had a baby in it. Both of which I wrote down. But the first one, I would never forget. I even made it a short, short story called ā€œThe Corridorā€.

Itā€™s actually kind of like a liminal space dream, now that I think about it :thinking: Nothing really gruesome. Somehow familiar. And all terrifying.

No idea XD Nothing at the time of my life felt like I was super stressed or anything. It just happened. There wasnā€™t anything like someone dying in real life or being really sick or any news of someone dying that stressed me outā€¦nothing. It was such a normal time with such absurd dreams that would last in my head the entire day :sweat_smile:

That mustā€™ve been an interesting flight for the people on board XD