The Crystal Crown -- A Winter Writing Contest ❄

Thinking about it. Not sure what I am doing yet though.

3 Likes

It doesn’t have to be either, as long as it follows one of the prompts provided and our content guidelines (PG-13, must abide by CoC etc.).

4 Likes

alright, to the writer’s weapons arsenal I go, then :eyes:

thanks~

3 Likes

I had an idea I could use but I’m not sure if I’ll join or not yet. We will see lol. I’ve not done a competition like this before.

3 Likes

Ohhhh. That’s awesome. Yeah, we will see is my mantra right now too. I’ve done competitions, but this one isn’t giving me any immediate ideas outside of my usual characters. So I’m going to think on it for a day or two.

3 Likes

It’s good to try but not dedicate, unless you really wanna go ahead and have ideas. I got an idea but it depends if I can write it in 1000 words or not lol.

3 Likes

That 1000 words will be a challenge, though I survived the 500 word Halloween one :rofl: I’ve been wanting to write more short stories anyway so this is a good excuse to do so.

3 Likes

Yeah of course. Short stories are fun and get right to the exciting parts.

3 Likes

Exactly. They are fun.

3 Likes

Yes! Should be good.

3 Likes

so we write it on the form?

3 Likes

You can write it wherever you like (as a draft, offline), but you must send it to us through the form by December 30th in order to join the contest. You can’t save drafts in the form. Once you click submit, that’s it.

3 Likes

ok!

3 Likes

What are the swearing and gore parameters for PG-13?

4 Likes

One or two f-bombs, tops, and like… No excessive, gratuitous gore. If you’ve seen any Marvel movies, kinda like that :joy:

6 Likes

Say, if there are one or two phrases in another language in the story, but it is made clear what they mean afterwards and the whole story otherwise is in English, would they be allowed to exist?

4 Likes

Okay great!! Thank you!

4 Likes

Yes :slight_smile:

4 Likes

okie, thank

4 Likes

I think the form is broken? I tried submitting at exactly 1000 words and it didn’t work. Then, I cut it down to 995 and it still didn’t work.

2 Likes